1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
mrbuie2k
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Mar 2018, 00:14

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by mrbuie2k » 27 Feb 2019, 22:18

Grencola wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 14:36
I made a little program....
Thanks for this! It does indeed work (on my LG OLED, but not my LG LCD UHD)

My only feedback -
* The original file name gets changed. For the 1st 1 tried, I forgot the original filename and had to re rip
(no big problem, just hoping that can change)
* As noted, have to bring file to local PC, run program, then return to my DLNA server (again, no big deal)
* Also as noted, would be nice to get the Atmos tracks added


FYI, I'm using my TV's built in DLNA client and have been successful with at least 5 movies so far.

Thanks again.

Grencola
Posts: 91
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 28 Feb 2019, 05:00

mrbuie2k wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 22:18
Grencola wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 14:36
I made a little program....
Thanks for this! It does indeed work (on my LG OLED, but not my LG LCD UHD)

My only feedback -
* The original file name gets changed. For the 1st 1 tried, I forgot the original filename and had to re rip
(no big problem, just hoping that can change)
* As noted, have to bring file to local PC, run program, then return to my DLNA server (again, no big deal)
* Also as noted, would be nice to get the Atmos tracks added


FYI, I'm using my TV's built in DLNA client and have been successful with at least 5 movies so far.

Thanks again.
Glad you like it!

I finally got home and had a few mins to work on it. I made the following changes:
-original filename is kept intact
-support for smb / network shares

unfortunately I can't add an atmos track unless someone has a licensed copy of Dolby Media Encoder Suite they're willing to share..

as always, for best results make sure the single m2ts / mkv file to be converted is in a folder all by itself.
I'll work on batch support for multiple files when I get more time.

new links:

m2ts-mp4: https://bit.ly/2NDaNP3
mkv-mp4: https://bit.ly/2SEo5fc

cheers! :)
Last edited by Grencola on 02 Mar 2019, 19:46, edited 4 times in total.

ryu4000
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 21:06

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by ryu4000 » 02 Mar 2019, 05:21

Can't get the program to work. This what i did pointed to my mkv files its the only file in the folder and press install the black box pops up says something 30mins then it quickly done and im left with my file being changed from it's name but it still says mkv not mp4.

Grencola
Posts: 91
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 02 Mar 2019, 06:09

ryu4000 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 05:21
Can't get the program to work. This what i did pointed to my mkv files its the only file in the folder and press install the black box pops up says something 30mins then it quickly done and im left with my file being changed from it's name but it still says mkv not mp4.
oh shoot. thx for the bug, m2ts-mp4 was fine it was just a bad line in mkv-mp4. try it now..
new mkv-mp4: https://bit.ly/2Y31koZ
Last edited by Grencola on 19 Mar 2019, 02:17, edited 3 times in total.

Grencola
Posts: 91
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 02 Mar 2019, 06:25

davilla wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 17:46
source code ?

Code: Select all

@echo Unpacking temp files... Done!
@echo OFF
for %%a in ("*.m2ts") do @echo %%~na> filename.txt
ren *.m2ts Movie.m2ts
@echo Found M2TS File! Extracting tracks, please wait (approx. 30 mins)...
@echo OFF
eac3to.exe Movie.m2ts 1: bl.hevc 2: el.hevc 3: audio.ac3 -core -640
@echo Muxing tracks to MP4, please wait (approx. 45 mins)...
@echo OFF
mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 -i bl.hevc -i el.hevc -i audio.ac3 --media-lang eng -o DV-Movie.mp4
set /p texte=< filename.txt
ren Movie.m2ts %texte%.m2ts
ren DV-Movie.mp4 %texte%.Dolby.Vision.mp4
echo y | del *.dll *.txt *.exe *.cmd *.hevc *.ac3
I typed that into a txt file and renamed it m2ts.cmd, then my winrar .exe 'program' simply just auto-extracts it along with eac3to app contents, and mp4muxer.exe into the chosen directory and auto-runs the .cmd file :) pretty basic but it gets the job done.
Last edited by Grencola on 02 Mar 2019, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.

sm0ke83
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Feb 2019, 20:01

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by sm0ke83 » 02 Mar 2019, 14:02

Thnx for the update! Will try within a few days (little time at the moment).
I used your commands from the m2ts.cmd manually, since I prefer using 2 disks (one for read, one for write). Also found workaround for smb-share: Just map networkdrive in explorer :P
In my case remuxed mkv's (with DV layer) stutters continiously, the output file is not viewable at all. When using m2ts file with same movie (Blu-ray release with DV-layer, not remux with DV-layer), output works like a charm.
Also tried creating different files using different DV-profiles (using the --dv-profile option), but ouput files are all the same??
Wanted to try profile 8, as it is supposed to be single layer and closest to profile 7 (according to Dolby documentation, page 9).

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologie ... levels.pdf

Thnx & Keep up the good work!

ryu4000
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 21:06

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by ryu4000 » 02 Mar 2019, 16:21

Grencola wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 06:09
ryu4000 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 05:21
Can't get the program to work. This what i did pointed to my mkv files its the only file in the folder and press install the black box pops up says something 30mins then it quickly done and im left with my file being changed from it's name but it still says mkv not mp4.
oh shoot. thx for the bug, m2ts-mp4 was fine it was just a bad line in mkv-mp4. try it now..
new mkv-mp4: https://bit.ly/2SymgQQ
Now nothing poping up now just installs a bunch of files in the folder with the mkv.

Grencola
Posts: 91
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 02 Mar 2019, 19:47

ryu4000 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 16:21
Now nothing poping up now just installs a bunch of files in the folder with the mkv.
last time, I swear! literally just needed to put two % symbols where I only had 1 before because it's in a script. sorry I'm not the best coder :(

https://bit.ly/2Y31koZ
Last edited by Grencola on 19 Mar 2019, 02:17, edited 3 times in total.

ryu4000
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 21:06

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by ryu4000 » 03 Mar 2019, 00:07

Grencola wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 19:47
ryu4000 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 16:21
Now nothing poping up now just installs a bunch of files in the folder with the mkv.
last time, I swear! literally just needed to put two % symbols where I only had 1 before because it's in a script. sorry I'm not the best coder :(

working mkv-mp4: https://bit.ly/2SEo5fc
We get it right in due time.New update this one does like the first one did me it opens then quickly close the dos window.It renames the movie to movie but after that stays as mkv no mp4 output.

Grencola
Posts: 91
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 03 Mar 2019, 05:53

ryu4000 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 00:07
We get it right in due time.New update this one does like the first one did me it opens then quickly close the dos window.It renames the movie to movie but after that stays as mkv no mp4 output.
are you sure you downloaded the latest one? because I just tried it and it worked perfectly. took about 1h 12m. to minimize confusion I replaced all instances of the app's url in my comments with the latest version.
Last edited by Grencola on 03 Mar 2019, 06:16, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply