1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 - [Invites Closed]

Post by davilla »

3.8.0 (190221.140)
FIX: [IEC] don't assume pauses of integer ms; go µs
CHG: [egl] expose GetEGLVersion at intf level
ADD: [droid] provison to build bundles when actually useful
CHG: [droid] gradle update
tvOS: set mrmc volume to 100% on start
disable volume slider in Audio steiings on iOS and tvOS
ios: set volume to 100% on start, ios will control it
Revert "ios: monitor hardware volume keys"
Revert "fixme: ios: monitor hardware volume keys"
Revert "plex: enable parallel transcoded thumb fetching"
emby: flatten tvshows if library has multiple folders
fix: lite generation for iOS/tvOS
darwin: add autoreleasepool to UIApplicationMain, should not matter but we are paranoid
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

1 have system freezes after resuming video’s from the homescreen. Ill produce a log later.
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Update:

> I bet you don't have 'adjust display' on.

Is that a MRMC preference setting?. I am more than happy to try it, if I can find it.
If I have an incorrect setting, am more than happy to try it, hence why I commented, asking.

If you are referring to the AppleTV4k setting of 'Range and framerate', then yes, both are on.
If is a different setting, your referring to, then please enlighten me.

I should elaborate, and say that earlier test flight builds did actually play these HDR 10 patterns somewhat better.
Specifically, instead of a range of flashing black bars from 66 and upwards being optimum lower recommended levels, your software displayed 84 and upwards.

Later builds of MrMC have altered something, with the end result now being that the same patterns now crush the video levels completely, so that no flashing bars are visible at all.

I am not changing the settings of MrMC or my AppleTV,, or my TV, this is a difference between MrMC builds, which I have noticed.

(Grin) Dude, don't shoot the messenger, when you don't like the contents.
Seriously, is it that big of an inconvenience to obtain patterns, you maybe should already have?.

I would quite happily upload any of the patterns to a location of your naming, tho they are quite large, but could isolate just the necessary one or two.

Right, I am off to try and find this 'adjust display' setting you speak of.
barong

Post by barong »

davilla wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 14:33
three6zerocool wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 06:54 Update: HDR 10 video levels.

I tried 'Infuse' on my AppleTV4k.
Tried the HDR 10 test patterns from above mentioned post.
The test patterns play normal, and no black crush. Equally the white levels and colour levels look fine too.

The APL (average picture level still does not look a great deal brighter, but black level detail is greatly improved, with mujch more subtlety near the black. (ie. Dark scenes have more detail)

Don't know what codec Infuse uses for HEVC 4k, but it does trigger my Oled TV into HDR 10 mode.
I guess it means the HDR 10 patterns are fine, and likewise the AppleTV4k itself.

Interesting that MRMC has issues with the HDR 10 patterns.

Are there particular preferences that I should be looking at in MrMC, or is it a bug with HDR?
I bet you don't have adjust display turned on. HDR/Dolby Vision are fine here and no one else is reporting issues.

Also, not going to play hunt in AVS forums for them. Post an URL to them or mediainfo on them.
It has been mentioned before that the black levels are being clipped in HDR.
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 5&start=50

You responded:
"Nothing we can do until we move from OpenGLES to Metal for iOS/tvOS."
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

three6zerocool wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 23:16 Is that a MRMC preference setting?. I am more than happy to try it, if I can find it.
If I have an incorrect setting, am more than happy to try it, hence why I commented, asking.

Later builds of MrMC have altered something, with the end result now being that the same patterns now crush the video levels completely, so that no flashing bars are visible at all.
Settings, video, playback, adjust display...

Nothing has changed since 3.7,x regarding video rendering or decoding. A debuglog might show more info.

This testflight is primary (appletv4k) about eac3/atmos. No one else on the AppleTV4K can do it, we can.

HDR blacks are a few percent higher than they should be, been that way since HDR handling was released. The reason is listed in the various posts about HDR black levels.

EDIT: there might be a way around moving totally to metal. Looking into it for the next round of testflights.
barong

Post by barong »

New issue on the last couple of testflights...

System Settings / Audio.

If "Boost Voice Channels" is set to anything other than 0dB, no centre channel audio is played when 5.1 content is downmixed to 2.0.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

barong wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 23:47 New issue on the last couple of testflights...

System Settings / Audio.

If "Boost Voice Channels" is set to anything other than 0dB, no centre channel audio is played when 5.1 content is downmixed to 2.0.
debuglog
barong

Post by barong »

Media Info for file:
https://pastebin.com/hV9W0Wb6

Temporary link to file:
https://send.firefox.com/download/7bf78 ... KESrIazhEw

Debug Log:
https://pastebin.com/YDQV1iVg

first playback of file "DD_Channels.vob" is with Boost Voice Channel set to 0dB - sound is output correctly.

second playback of file "DD_Channels.vob" is with Boost Voice Channel set to 10dB - only Left and Right channels are output and the centre/left surround, right surround and LFE channels are not played back at all.

PS. the [Copy to Clipboard] button doesn't work in Chrome in the new web GUI. the popup message says it has copied the log but the it has not actually gone into the clipboard.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

amet wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 12:05
jabohn wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 05:26 I'm seeing a major problem now, possibly due to Ariana. I changed the setting for the startup window to be TV Shows. Now every time the app starts, after the logo screen, the screen is just black. I can't do anything. No buttons I press do anything. All I can do is back out to the tvOS home screen.

I tried installing some previous 3.8 builds - no change. I tried the last 3.7.1 build - no change. I'm going to reinstall the latest 3.8 build and try to get the logs shortly.

https://pastebin.com/fA4aqd9q
tv shows or TV? you have triggered the bug, but TV is not Tv Shows.. TV is Live TV

I'll have a look, thanks!

EDIT: fixed for next TF
It's not fixed for me in the new TF. Still black screen on startup.
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

HDR Update:

Ok, I had a bit more of an experiment, and managed to display those HDR 10 patterns a heck of a lot better.
I am thinking it is something on my Oled TV causing this issue with the HDR 10 patterns.

I have actually changed TV's from an LG Oled to a Sony Oled
It has video options for HDR mode, HDMI video range, and Colour Space.
The default settings for above 3 preferences being 'Auto'

If I change the HDR mode from Auto to 'HDR 10'. And the video range to 'Full'.
And then in MrMC Acceleration preferences, turning on VideoToolBox for HEVC.
The result is a really dynamic picture, with the HDR 10 patterns looking really good.
(Stellar bright actually, and more like one would expect of HDR content)

BUT, enabling these options on my TV places it into a pseudo permanently 'HDR 10 on' enabled state, kinda similar to what the AppleTV4k does with Range disabled and an HDR format mode selected.

So, the question remains to see how that messes up regular SDR viewing

For confirmation, what are recommended settings for use with MrMC, as pertaining to:
AppleTV4k 'Match Content'. Range and Framerate enabled.

MrMC Video settings.
Allow Hardware Acceleration Ticked
Use VideoToolBox for 4K HEVC HDR. Ticked
Allow Hardware Acceleration AVFoundation. Ticked

When I do the above, and change my Sony TV preferences , then HDR looks pretty nice.
However, HDR 10 option disables Dolby Vision auto switch, and uses HDR 10 instead.

Just wondered what settings are recommended for MrMC on an HDR capable TV?
(Especially a Sony TV)

Based on what I am seeing, it would appear my TV is the issue, and it does not seem to handle the detection of HDR quite correctly.
ie. It switches between SDR, HDR, and Dolby Vision inside MRMC, but does not display very good video
levels when the TV is set to 'Auto' for it's HDMI options.

Further experimenting required, to see if it messes up SDR watching, but disabling Auto for HDR on my Sony Oled sure seems to push the ole video levels.

My Sony is due for Oreo firmware update, so might fix some things.

But anyway, it looks like the issue I was seeing is outside of MRMC ecosystem.
Still confused as to why Infuse can play HDR 10 files a wee bit better than MRMC, with all the same settings. (Perhaps) how it is providing metadata to the TV?

I definitely at some point could play those HDR 10 patterns in MRMC a lot better than they currently play, which really perplexes me.

Oh well....