1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How can I add custom items to my home menu (anime menu?)

Any skin specific issues
fireaza

How can I add custom items to my home menu (anime menu?)

Post by fireaza »

Hi guys, I've come over from Kodi to using mrmc on an Apple TV. Everything looks familiar so far, but I can't seem to figure out how to customize my home menu beyond disabling and enabling stock items. You see, I want to de-clutter my TV shows and movies menus by separating out my anime TV show and movies and making separate entries for them on the home menu. I was able to do this on Kodi with smart playlists and I think I even edited XML files or something back on MediaPortal to achieve something similar.

How can I do this on mrmc? Even if there's no officially-supported way, I don't mind say, editing the pictures or music menus to turn them into custom menu items if someone can point me in the right direction!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: How can I add custom items to my home menu (anime menu?)

Post by amet »

If you would like them as part of the mysql library then there is no other way...

You can try setting up the playlists, they will show as separate “playlist” entry on the home screen or by adding the new source that is not a part of the library and contains your Anime shows. You will need to mark it to show on home screen in source context menu
fireaza

Post by fireaza »

From the looks of that wiki, I'd need to setup a MySQL server? Is there a way to edit the stock menu without setting up a MySQL server?

When you said setting up a playlist, to do you mean creating a playlist to appear as a sub-menu of the TV Shows menu?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

well, if you dont have mysql setup then you are using MrMC internal sql database, idea is the same.. you can only have one Movies and one Tv Shows tab.

you can setup smart playlist in media sources and that should enable "Playlist" tab on home screen where you can access it from
jawattronic

Post by jawattronic »

amet wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 14:27 well, if you dont have mysql setup then you are using MrMC internal sql database, idea is the same.. you can only have one Movies and one Tv Shows tab.

you can setup smart playlist in media sources and that should enable "Playlist" tab on home screen where you can access it from
Very interesting, i didn't know this feature. I have many smart playlist created with kodi and i have mysql database with a qnap nas. Also these playlist are shared using the nas with path substitution feature using the advanceduser.xml file.

Is it possible to share this playlist with Mr.Mc? or Can i import it into Mr.Mc?

Thanks.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

you can add playlists manually if you are on android, advanceduser.xml can be used also