1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

All content gone

Any issues that are tvOS specific
niclasc

All content gone

Post by niclasc »

Sometimes when I start MrMC all my content is gone. If I click on source the content is set to none. I then change the content type and scan again. Then it works fine for a couple of weeks and then it happens again for no apparent reason.

Any ideas why this happens?
I'm using a AppleTV 4K 32GB
Montoya

Re: All content gone

Post by Montoya »

Some more info would help, like content type, location (like SMB or NFS) and the way the media source is setup.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
niclasc

Post by niclasc »

All the content is on my Synology NAS and I access it via smb share. One share with tv shows and one with movies.
Scanning and indexing the shares works just fine. The naming and all is correct.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

You should look into MySQL setup since Apple TV sometimes (and it’s unclea when) deletes temporary cache that we are using.

If you set it up using MySQL it will survive it, another thing is to setup trakt to track all your watched content ,that can be synced back to MrMC if it happens again.

It is an inconvenience but we have no control over Apple deleting temporary cache from under us
cascaman

Post by cascaman »

And is it not posible to keep at least the config of the media source. They are there but the content type is set to “none”. It is boring to be restoring all the media source to its content type every time this cache is deleted. If the config where kept, the problem would solve by itself when the library updates on start. This should be easy to implement.
andreacandido

Post by andreacandido »

Same exact problem here
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

You might follow this thread:
https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5818