1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Adding Favorites to the main menu?

Any Opacity skin issues go here
chinpokomon

Adding Favorites to the main menu?

Post by chinpokomon »

I can't seem to add Favorites to the home screen's main menu when the Opacity skin is used. Other menu items can be added, but Favorites seems to be bugged where it doesn't show up in the main menu even when it's enabled in the skin's settings. Please fix if this behavior is not intended, thanks!

(tested on Shield Android TV 7.2.1 with MrMC 3.7.1 and Opacity 0.9.2)
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Adding Favorites to the main menu?

Post by amet »

There is a star icon on the bottom left of the home screen, that’s favorites
chinpokomon

Post by chinpokomon »

Thanks for your reply.

So you're saying that this configuration item is completely meaningless, since toggling Favorites on or off here does nothing at all?

MsMraz

Post by MsMraz »

I'd like to see an answer to this, too. What I am trying to do is get the Home screen to show only the stuff I need: Movies, TV Shows and possibly Home Movies. Nothing else. How do I add these to the Home screen and have them show my media in the right side panel when I click on the icon (e.g., click on TV Shows and just show the organized TV Shows library on the right)?

Opacity is the MrMC skin I like the best. But I do have a problem with the home screen: It shows Movies and Quit (why do I need a large QUIT in the media menu items?) and then a bunch of rather clunky icons at the bottom, which I wish were either hidden somewhere (why do I need direct access to the MrMC server from the Home screen?), or at least looked better.

I just switched from an Apple TV to Firestick 4k in my bedroom, mostly for the Alexa voice control. While I had a paid version of MrMC on the ATV, I used Infuse instead, because the UI is more modern and user-friendly. On Android, MrMC is the best I have found (I like it a lot better and find it less cluttered than Kodi, for my purposes). But I do wish that the UI gets updated :)

I don't want to deal with Plex and its server again, because I find myself keeping most of my stuff on the cloud and my NAS is mostly dormant.

Thank you for all the hard work!
Ted377

Post by Ted377 »

MsMraz wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:51 I'd like to see an answer to this, too. What I am trying to do is get the Home screen to show only the stuff I need: Movies, TV Shows and possibly Home Movies. Nothing else. How do I add these to the Home screen and have them show my media in the right side panel when I click on the icon (e.g., click on TV Shows and just show the organized TV Shows library on the right)?

Opacity is the MrMC skin I like the best. But I do have a problem with the home screen: It shows Movies and Quit (why do I need a large QUIT in the media menu items?) and then a bunch of rather clunky icons at the bottom, which I wish were either hidden somewhere (why do I need direct access to the MrMC server from the Home screen?), or at least looked better.

I just switched from an Apple TV to Firestick 4k in my bedroom, mostly for the Alexa voice control. While I had a paid version of MrMC on the ATV, I used Infuse instead, because the UI is more modern and user-friendly. On Android, MrMC is the best I have found (I like it a lot better and find it less cluttered than Kodi, for my purposes). But I do wish that the UI gets updated :)

I don't want to deal with Plex and its server again, because I find myself keeping most of my stuff on the cloud and my NAS is mostly dormant.

Thank you for all the hard work!
Why a NAS when it is almost always turned off? Just a NAS is designed for continuous use!
And Plex is very simple and user-friendly. Since then everything is displayed separately on the homescreen, which was set in Plex.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
SET-TOP-BOX: Apple TV 4K (2022)
FW: tvOS 17.4 ()
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 ()
Skin: Opacity
NAS: QNAP TS-431P3
Back-End: TVHeadend/PLEX
TUNER: Kathrein EXIP 418
SATELLITE DISH: SELFSAT H22DQ+
MsMraz

Post by MsMraz »

A while back I started using my NAS less and less, as I found myself watching mostly Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video and HBO stuff. I also moved a bunch of my rips to Dropbox and Google Drive, and also use Put.io.

While I still run my NAS, it's really not my primary source for titles any longer.

As to Plex, I keep an old mini PC running the server, but don't find much use for Plex nowadays, so I don't even install the app on my streaming boxes. It's overkill.

Frankly, if I were to go through the hassle of installing and maintaining Plex, I might as well use it as a front end and I would not need MrMC. But I like the simplicity of MrMC compared to Plex, or Kodi for that matter.

But all I really need is to use MrMC the way I use Infuse on my Apple TV: I connect it to the cloud, usually through WebDAV and that's it. I feel I am close, but not there yet.

Thank you!
Ted377

Post by Ted377 »

I also did not talk about installing Plex on the ATV or anything like that.
I only spoke about the Plex server on the NAS.
MrMC has everything you need. Even watching TV over MrMC is a pleasure.
SET-TOP-BOX: Apple TV 4K (2022)
FW: tvOS 17.4 ()
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 ()
Skin: Opacity
NAS: QNAP TS-431P3
Back-End: TVHeadend/PLEX
TUNER: Kathrein EXIP 418
SATELLITE DISH: SELFSAT H22DQ+
MsMraz

Post by MsMraz »

I misunderstood you, apparently.

In any case, thank you for chiming in.

Unfortunately, right now MrMC is not working well enough for my purposes, but I hope I can figure out how to adapt it to my taste.