1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC 3.7.1 works perfectly for me on Fire TV 3 with 4K TV

Any issues that are FireTV specific
alekseyz

MrMC 3.7.1 works perfectly for me on Fire TV 3 with 4K TV

Post by alekseyz »

Thank you all Developers for the new version of MrMC 3.7.1. I finally had a chance to test it extensively on Fire TV 3, and I find that with the right settings (almost all default) everything works, DD/DTS passthrough, 24p smooth playback, in 1080p and 3840p, HDR.

A few notes.
-- Setting UI to 720p breaks smooth 24p playback, passthrough stops working properly (choppy videos), 3860p24 videos play at 60 fps. 1080p for UI is not available in the menu. This is not relevant for me, because I have all 4k TVs, but some users with older 1080p TVs may be upset.
-- DVD ISOs (interlaced MPEG2) play smoothly only with software deinterlacing set to Yadif2x in the onscreen menu. Setting deinteracer to Auto or Bob-Inverted results in choppy playback.
-- Some interlaced Blu-rays that play properly in SPMC have occasional artifacts (blocking) appearing rarely. Not a big deal.

It is great that MrMC is able to play everything in proper resolution when UI is set to 3840p -- with Kodi I have to set UI to 720p to have 720p60 videos play in native resolution and have the TV do the upscaling, i.e. Kodi does not go down, only up from UI resolution, whereas MrMC displays all videos in the correct resolution. For 720p24 videos it correctly goes to 1080p24 resolution.
koying
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC 3.7.1 works perfectly for me on Fire TV 3 with 4K TV

Post by koying »

Good to hear from a happy customer, for a change :)
alekseyz

Re: MrMC 3.7.1 works perfectly for me on Fire TV 3 with 4K TV

Post by alekseyz »

Thank you Koying, for your hard work!

Another note -- I was testing DVD ISOs last night and setting scaling to "Bicubic" improves video quality with Yadif2x deinterlacing, but unfortunately Lanczos2 or 3, while available, results in choppy playback due to weak CPU/GPU in fire TV 3. Amazon hardware has its limitations, but it is so cheap that it is hard to complain.