1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MythTV PVR Playback on MrMC for iOS

tvOS Video playback support subforum
ptaylor

MythTV PVR Playback on MrMC for iOS

Post by ptaylor »

I picked up MrMC for IOS this morning to use on my iPhone 6S while I worked in the kitchen. I got it connected to my MythTV installation, but I'm not getting any audio when watching LiveTV or recorded TV. Audio works with the same files on MrMC for tvOS. I do get audio in MrMC for IOS when I'm connected to a SAMBA share with video files in it.

The recordings are done with a HDHomerun Prime, so they should be pretty standard files. Am I missing something?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: MythTV PVR Playback on MrMC for iOS

Post by amet »

not unless its dts/ac3 and you are in US, move to Canada in that case :)
ptaylor

Post by ptaylor »

Strangely enough, when I start playing back a video and bring up the OSD, next to the speaker icon it says "spa", making me think it's set for the spanish audio track. If I hit the audio settings icon, I see that indeed it does have the Spanish track selected. I can select the english track, but nothing changes. Next time I come back to that screen, it still shows Spanish selected. Again, it doesn't matter as I don't have any audio playing no matter what... When using the MythTV PVR.. Other files play back fine... (And MythTV plays fine on MrMC on tvOS)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

sounds like english is ac3 and that can be disabled depending on timezone for iOS. AC3 is always enabled under tvOS.
ptaylor

Post by ptaylor »

Ok, I downloaded the file from MythTV (via the web interface) and the properties show the codecs as MPEG2 and AC3...

You say it can be disabled depending on timezone for iOS? Apple disables it based on timezone? Any way to fix it?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Like I said, move to Canada .... Or just change the timezone to Canada
ptaylor

Post by ptaylor »

EH-yuh! Beauty!

What hoser came up with the idea to restrict AC3 like this?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ptaylor wrote:EH-yuh! Beauty!

What hoser came up with the idea to restrict AC3 like this?
US Patent Laws :)
skyandsea

Post by skyandsea »

My kitchen TV broke down several days ago and I plan to buy a new TV for my kitchen from this website:15 inch tv https://gecey.com/. I want to install the MrMc in this TV , but I have not any experience. So, is the MRMC can be install in any TVs with the android system?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

skyandsea wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 02:59 My kitchen TV broke down several days ago and I plan to buy a new TV for my kitchen from this website:15 inch tv https://gecey.com/. I want to install the MrMc in this TV , but I have not any experience. So, is the MRMC can be install in any TVs with the android system?
Only ones that support google play.