1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV Stick 4k TV shows only 1080

Any issues that are FireTV specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Fire TV Stick 4k TV shows only 1080

Post by davilla » 11 Jan 2019, 20:17

which is why I asked for the debuglog after your 1st post. :)

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 13 Jan 2019, 22:45

For the record, a simple 4K test worked for me, so, indeed, no clue what could be this specific issue without a debuglog
As a matter of fact the AFTVS4K just runs its GUI in 4K HDR out of the box for me.

Unfortunately, if you don't provide a debuglog, there is little chance your issue will be resolved automagically ;)

- The Guy Hired From SPMC

P.S. Good luck with inserting an sdcard in the stick ;)

MychaelP

Post by MychaelP » 14 Jan 2019, 19:27

koying wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 22:45

As a matter of fact the AFTVS4K just runs its GUI in 4K HDR out of the box for me.

P.S. Good luck with inserting an sdcard in the stick ;)
Thanks, I think I will try this on an upcoming weekend. Completely clear any data, cache, uninstall and then take a look to see everything on the fire tv itself is deleted for MrMc. I also will do the debug log just to see and get used to it, as I really do enjoy tinkering with these things.
Will also try keeping the fire tv stick in 4k full time to see how it appears with test video.
The flash drive I want to insert in the stick would need one of those $3 cable adapters that the guy over at aftvnews suggested and was able to get working with the 4k stick. Looking forward to getting that working! But somehow I ordered a cable from China and it will take awhile to get here.
Thanks for your comment, appreciated.

A quick edit on a similar subject: Since this is my first 4k media player, I have and older 3-way switchbox that is also connected to a two way splitter, both non-powered. And they work great with the gen1 Fire TV, along with a dvd player and a PS3. One goes to TV and one goes to the Receiver. I decided to test it to see if it would send 4k signals. Nope it doesn't, but HDR does... weird?
But the really crazy thing is it also ended up changing the Fire TV Stick 4k's display setting to 1080p only, away from the Auto up to 4k, so once I got it all switched back to direct fo Reciever where it is now, it took me awhile to figure out what went wrong... no related to my earlier issue, but thought I'd throw it in here in case anyone else has their Stick change it's settings on it's own. Weird it would go away from "auto up to 4k) by itself, but it did just that. I'll need to go buy a new switcher and splitter, but crazy story.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 15 Jan 2019, 08:31

Not weird if your hdmi splitter and/or hub don't do 4k@18Gbps, really ;)
Hub are "passive", normally, so that shouldn't be an issue, but splitters are "active", so they have to actually support the speeds required by 4K.

MychaelP

Post by MychaelP » 15 Jan 2019, 20:39

koying wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 08:31
Not weird if your hdmi splitter and/or hub don't do 4k@18Gbps, really ;)
Hub are "passive", normally, so that shouldn't be an issue, but splitters are "active", so they have to actually support the speeds required by 4K.
Both the 3x1 switch and 1x2 (backwards compatible and has a push button only) splitter are passive. Or I should say, don't have a power plug other than what hdmi sends to them.
I think I will try a new 1x2 splitter first, and then the switcher after that and be sure they can handle the data. I've seen each go on sale at Amazon for $5-$10 each, so will watch for them. For now it's plugged into my receiver.
The reason I don't want to just leave it that way is sometimes I'd rather just use the TV speakers, and to use my receivers pass-thru function is a big power eater.
Will still play with the debugging item in the future, as i like the skin of MrMc much better for my movies and shows, and it's snappier than Kodi overall.