1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

A few questions before possibly switching to ATV 4k

Introduce yourself here
wgstarks

A few questions before possibly switching to ATV 4k

Post by wgstarks »

I haven’t followed Mr MC much lately but it is highly recommended in some threads in the LibreElec forums.

I’ve been looking for a Kodi box that can play h265 content. Was thinking about the ATV 4K, but not sure exactly what switching to MrMC will change from my current version of Kodi.

Is there a list of skins that are supported?

I see in the wiki that pass through audio is currently broken, does that mean LPCM only? Any idea when pass through will be fixed?

I currently use local nfo only scraper for videos. Is this supported in MrMC?

Thanks in advance for the help.
________

Walter
amet
Team MrMC

Re: A few questions before possibly switching to ATV 4k

Post by amet »

Hi,

We have few skins in from Kodi days, and 2 new ones done just for MrMC, opacity and Ariana. Going forward, those two are the skins that will stay and others might be removed as MrMC development progresses.

Passthrough is broken by Apple and it doesn’t look like it will be making a comeback, if Apple allows it we will be supporting it again. Only difference between LPCM and passthrough is the light on your receiver, so not to much of an issue.

Local nfo scraper should not be an issue, if you find any issues with it let us know and we can look into it.

amet
wgstarks

Post by wgstarks »

Thanks. Are there any screenshots from the skins available?
________

Walter
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

wgstarks

Post by wgstarks »

Thanks. I looked at the screenshots but can't really make out much detail. I'm trying to figure out how title search (find a particular movie) and video indexing (jump to a list of all movies that start with the letter "X") are incorporated? I have about 2500 videos and am wondering exactly how I can select a video without having to scroll through the entire list. Is this accomplished on-screen? Or maybe it's via some button combination on the apple remote? Tried installing MrMC lite on my iPhone7 to get an idea of how everything worked, but it appears that the app isn't really designed for iPhone. Most features didn't work at all.

Edit: Also, does the official kodi iOS remote app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/officia ... 80364?mt=8 work with MrMC? I know that it supports these search functions.
________

Walter
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Scroll using Siri remote is pretty good and fast... you can jump page by page

Kodi remote works as well