1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Auto resolution change with LG OLED C8

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
cosmoxl

Auto resolution change with LG OLED C8

Post by cosmoxl » 02 Jan 2019, 18:28

It seems the EDID reports only 1080 and 2160 resolutions are supported so MrMC no longer changes resolution to 720p like it did for my old TV. Any way to force this option? For I know the TV will take a 720p signal if changed manually.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Auto resolution change with LG OLED C8

Post by davilla » 02 Jan 2019, 18:32

cosmoxl wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 18:28
It seems the EDID reports only 1080 and 2160 resolutions are supported so MrMC no longer changes resolution to 720p like it did for my old TV. Any way to force this option? For I know the TV will take a 720p signal if changed manually.
Nope, If Android does not report it, there is no way to change to it.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 02 Jan 2019, 19:17

I found the problem.

I'm using the 7.2.2 test build, though I don't know if that's the cause.

What I found is that if I disable the recommended resolution and select an HDMI mode manually then all the resolution options are shown in MrMC and it switches as expected.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 04 Jan 2019, 10:09

Not sure if that's still the case, but on previous shield firmwares, you got a different list of resolutions depending on the colorspace you choose in the shield settings.

IIRC, you only got the full list in rec-2020 / 12 bits.

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 04 Mar 2019, 03:01

I am a new mrmc user, i just purchased it on the shield and apple tv 4k.

Very confused by this post, when you mention

"
What I found is that if I disable the recommended resolution and select an HDMI mode manually then all the resolution options are shown in MrMC and it switches as expected."

Where are the resolution options shown in mrmc? From memory i see resolutions only listed in the gui settings, and for that going from memory i have 1080p, 4k, auto, or unlimited.

This is also whats shown on the shield when you go to display, however if i go to advanced, and hdmi modes, and use those filtering options and set the resolution manually, mrmc then does not switch, it stays in the manually selected resolution. It lists like 85 modes including 720p in this menu.

If i use the recommended setting in the previous menu, mrmc switches fine and switches to 1080p content but it will not switch to 720p, seems to be alot of confusion on this, and i did not think auto resolution for 720p switching was possible on the shield? But it seems you say you can?

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 04 Mar 2019, 13:36

Ghostm wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 03:01
I am a new mrmc user, i just purchased it on the shield and apple tv 4k.

Very confused by this post, when you mention

"
What I found is that if I disable the recommended resolution and select an HDMI mode manually then all the resolution options are shown in MrMC and it switches as expected."

Where are the resolution options shown in mrmc? From memory i see resolutions only listed in the gui settings, and for that going from memory i have 1080p, 4k, auto, or unlimited.

This is also whats shown on the shield when you go to display, however if i go to advanced, and hdmi modes, and use those filtering options and set the resolution manually, mrmc then does not switch, it stays in the manually selected resolution. It lists like 85 modes including 720p in this menu.

If i use the recommended setting in the previous menu, mrmc switches fine and switches to 1080p content but it will not switch to 720p, seems to be alot of confusion on this, and i did not think auto resolution for 720p switching was possible on the shield? But it seems you say you can?
I was speaking of disabling the shield's recommended resolution, in HDMI modes, and setting one manually.

Manually set your resolution to 59.94fps, 4k, rec2020, 12bit and then MrMC will switch from 4k to 1080p and 720p when needed. That's what I've found.

However, I've turned on the "colorimetry" in the developer options which means the OS will also auto switch color gamut depending on the source video. This is a very nice feature.

Maybe that's why mine works the way it does. To enable developers options: Go to Settings > About > Build > Click 7 times on build to become a developer (you will see a toast which will say you are now a developer)

Then, go to Settings > Developer Options > Colorimetry (set toggle to ON) > restart device for changes to take effect

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 05 Mar 2019, 04:56

Yup working now, looks like 4:2:2 12 bit needed to be selected, not sure why but it works now auto switching to 720p as well.

cat6man

Post by cat6man » 19 Mar 2019, 20:42

has anyone experimented with an EDID box that would tell the shield that it supported EDIDs a/b/c/d/e/f, etc?