1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Multiple profiles on AppleTV 4K

Report any issues you might have in here
sjefsbamsemumsen

Re: Multiple profiles on AppleTV 4K

Post by sjefsbamsemumsen »

Just FYI: This has been working since Kodi 16 as far as I can see.

Just to make sure that I explain this right: For my kids' accounts on the windows machines I connect to the same database but only assign the kid mediasources. When doing this the kids will only see their content.

For the adults' users on the same machine I also connect to the same DB but assign all mediasources (both the kid sources and also additional adult sources). The adults then see all content.

When I add new content I scan it once on my account and it will appear in the adult profile on the LibreElec and all adult users on the windows boxes. If the new content is in the kid media sources then they will also see it.

I have done no magic, just running straight Kodi 17.

Why can I not get this working in MrMC?

/Kenneth
sjefsbamsemumsen

Since it is xmas time and the kids are busy consuming xmas cookies I have had some time to poke around and I decided to set up an Emby server on my synology. I made a new file share with some films for the adults and some for the kids. I then set up two libraries on the Emby server (Adults and Kids) and also created two users (Adult users can access all libs, kids can only see the kids library). So far so good...

I tested that I can log in to Emby using a browser both as an adult and kid and see the expected libraries. All OK.

I then deleted and reinstalled the MrMC app on the Apple TV. Time to try Emby. :)

Defined the Emby service and set up manual login. Login OK (can also see this on the server). Then I was hoping that the libraries would appear on the AppleTV, but no joy. What am I missing? The wiki (https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Emby) statest that "Movies and TV show tabs will show up on the home screen, and watch/resume history shared, just as any other Emby client would do." But, I get nothing. Am I missing something here as well?

If I can get Emby to work nicely with MrMC that might be the best way to go - and simply abandoning the whole MySQL / MariaDB setup. Or should I go ahead and try to get MySQL to play nice?

/Kenneth
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

try plex, you can add users and you can apply library section to each user as well as filter content by age restriction
sjefsbamsemumsen

I considered Plex, but as I have ripped all my old DVD's as ISO's I would have to convert close to 400 ISO's to mkv and I was hoping to avoid that...

That's why I hoped that I could continue to use the MySQL setup I have working, but apparently MrMC works differently than Kodi in that respect. Is this by design or could this be a bug?

/Kenneth
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

sjefsbamsemumsen wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 19:14 Then I was hoping that the libraries would appear on the AppleTV, but no joy. What am I missing?
Have you switched server in MrMC ?

In Opacity Skin on MrMC Home Screen, click bottom left icon. There you must see the name of your Emby server. Your content will show, when you have selected your Emby server. When you select MrMC, only content from MrMC database is shown, which in your case is nothing and that's why you don't see anything appearing.
sjefsbamsemumsen wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 20:02 I have ripped all my old DVD's as ISO's I would have to convert close to 400 ISO's to mkv and I was hoping to avoid that...
In Emby you can forget ISO playback, it's not supported anymore for most Emby Clients. Eventually you will have to convert your iso's to be future proof when using Emby/Plex or stick with Kodi and your MySQL setup.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
sjefsbamsemumsen

Thanks a lot for your input. I guess I will have to start converting the ISO's and then consider if Plex or something else is the way to go. Using MySQL with the number of Kodi clients I have is also not so easy to ensure that they are all upgraded at the same time... So I guess it is time to move on.

/Kenneth
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Welcome !

When Kodi devices are your main clients, consider Emby for Kodi addon together with the Embuary Kodi Skin. This combo gives you all the Emby options in Kodi AND can play your iso's while Emby server is taking care of watched status and resume points and access rights etc. (Only the native Emby apps mostly don't have iso playback support.)

Remember to set the Emby for Kodi addon to use native paths in Addon settings in sync settings during setup of the addon for iso playback in Kodi.

Personally I favour Emby over Plex, because Emby forum support is better than Plex and the way the admin interface of the Emby server is set up, with a lot more customizable options than Plex has.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
convertapple

Post by convertapple »

I do this, leaving the master profile intact and just add adults/kids profiles. I'm pretty sure that even if a subset of media sources are used if two profiles point to the same mysql db they both see ALL entries, the media sources only being involved when populating them. I tested all this out extensively at the time of setup. So I use one mysql db per profile. This is on Kodi & MrMc that share same mysql db's, though on MrMc I tend to use a profile that is linked to Plex instead. I never use a Plex client despite having a lifetime pass except for syncing music when out/about. Plex starts transcoding at random, despite all videos being native which on my (deliberately) low powered server just hangs. They refuse to add an option to disable transcoding hence MrMc.

I have my master setup on a windows box that is only used for config changes then the .kodi data folder is copied out to fire tv clients as required. It also scans nightly for any new media, which propagates to other clients without them needing to ever rescan. I also use a network share for thumbnails, despite warnings and it works fine with no noticeable delays. To not do so uses way too much drive space on devices, especially fire-tv's with only 5gb free, this keeps Kodi footprint low, currently 429mb with big library (lots music/youtube vids)

I like having lots of options so I end up using most reliable one which tends to be kodi 17.6 (gave up on v18 at rc3), as it also has lyrics and weather add-ons and use MrMc on apple devices.