1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

More Plex support?

Any Ariana skin issues go here
foghat

More Plex support?

Post by foghat »

Hi,

I am really liking this this skin.

Are there plans to add more Plex support?

For example:
1. being able to mark something as played/unplayed
2. showing Plex extras on movie info screen
3. support for displaying Plex collections (in addition to 'all movies' and 'unwatched')

I would also love to see an option to view the fanart - similar to the 'show fanart' option in opacity.

And, lastly, perhaps a bit of a bug? Using Plex, I notice on the home screen there is a 'recently added' tv section and a 'recently added' movies section. Both of these sections are titled 'recently added'. Vs. 'recently added tv' and 'recently added movies'
Everbrave

Re: More Plex support?

Post by Everbrave »

foghat wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 03:39 Hi,

I am really liking this this skin.

Are there plans to add more Plex support?

For example:
1. being able to mark something as played/unplayed
2. showing Plex extras on movie info screen
3. support for displaying Plex collections (in addition to 'all movies' and 'unwatched')

I would also love to see an option to view the fanart - similar to the 'show fanart' option in opacity.

And, lastly, perhaps a bit of a bug? Using Plex, I notice on the home screen there is a 'recently added' tv section and a 'recently added' movies section. Both of these sections are titled 'recently added'. Vs. 'recently added tv' and 'recently added movies'
In fact I hinted to this a long time ago, since one should not actually use the same label for two different things, and I have been told that it’s obvious which is which; so I left it at that and stopped using Ariana :)
But to be fair, the skin is in an early development phase and the chances are good that these fixes will happen soon.
foghat

Post by foghat »

Ya, for sure it is obvious which is which, but it still doesn't look or 'feel' right. Obviously not a show stopper, but would make the skin more polished.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Yup. This was my way of thinking and the reason why this “problem “ was pushed lower on a to-do list. Other suggestions are probably going to be implemented in (near) future.
foghat

Post by foghat »

Support in the near future would be great! Thanks.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

foghat wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 13:47 Ya, for sure it is obvious which is which, but it still doesn't look or 'feel' right. Obviously not a show stopper, but would make the skin more polished.
I feel with you, especially since a skin is a "look&feel" matter; I also would not wear a shirt, despite its highest quality, if a button is missing although it does not affect the functionality, I would just wear another one. Fortunately, there are other skins; Amber, e.g. is rather classical (by the same author of Ariana) but well designed/functional.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

pecinko wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 14:36 Yup. This was my way of thinking and the reason why this “problem “ was pushed lower on a to-do list. Other suggestions are probably going to be implemented in (near) future.
Well, I guess we disagree on that especially since the effort of adding/modifying a line of text does not out-weigh the feeling of "unpolished" when looking at the skin in particular since we are looking at version 1.2.0, i.e. not in a beta stage.
When using Emby, the labels are all missing (I reported that earlier), so the argument of "obvious" does not even apply here.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Everbrave wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 12:21
pecinko wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 14:36 Yup. This was my way of thinking and the reason why this “problem “ was pushed lower on a to-do list. Other suggestions are probably going to be implemented in (near) future.
Well, I guess we disagree on that especially since the effort of adding/modifying a line of text does not out-weigh the feeling of "unpolished" when looking at the skin in particular since we are looking at version 1.2.0, i.e. not in a beta stage.
When using Emby, the labels are all missing (I reported that earlier), so the argument of "obvious" does not even apply here.
It sure looks like that:) However there is more under the hood. Shelves have different labels and content based on server chosen and thus require changes in Mrmc itself, rather than one line in skin code.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

pecinko wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 16:23
Everbrave wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 12:21
It sure looks like that:) However there is more under the hood. Shelves have different labels and content based on server chosen and thus require changes in Mrmc itself, rather than one line in skin code.
I understand, and I confirmed the same issue with all skins and even with MrMC DB, but why is this taking so long to happen?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

It takes as long as needed. Please don't pressure the devs :)