1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex Extension - Collection Support  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are tvOS specific
jrcorwin

Plex Extension - Collection Support

Post by jrcorwin »

So I prefer the look of the Plex extension over the various skins, but the main thing I am missing is support for collections. What are the odds of this coming to the extension? Thank you!
timstephens24

Re: Plex Extension - Collection Support

Post by timstephens24 »

That would be a question for the Plex devs. They're the ones that create and maintain the extension. But I'd love Plex collections support in the native Plex connection too.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

timstephens24 wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 09:23 That would be a question for the Plex devs. They're the ones that create and maintain the extension. But I'd love Plex collections support in the native Plex connection too.
Aren’t collections Sets? Does it not work when you disable “flatten hierarchy”?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

amet wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 12:56
timstephens24 wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 09:23 That would be a question for the Plex devs. They're the ones that create and maintain the extension. But I'd love Plex collections support in the native Plex connection too.
Aren’t collections Sets? Does it not work when you disable “flatten hierarchy”?

Going a little off topic from the Plex Addon to the native Plex integration...

Group movies into sets doesn't work with the Plex backend. @croneter does some good stuff with his Kodi addon 'PlexKodiConnect' and he got it working in a recent version (2.3.0). I know code base is different so not sure how likely support for Plex Collections are, but this is what I found as to how he's doing it:
https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiCon ... d233140c4f
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Hm, so collections are not movie sets? but, plex collection does work on our core implementation with flatten hierarchy off
jrcorwin

Post by jrcorwin »

I’m confused. Even when I try it with core MrMc, collections/sets don’t work. I have “Flatten Hierarchy” unchecked and “Group movies in sets” checked.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

and of course, you have collections in your plex setup? :)

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201273953-collections/

EDIT: I see the issue, if there is only one collection it doesn't show.. you have more then one?
jrcorwin

Post by jrcorwin »

amet wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 17:39 and of course, you have collections in your plex setup? :)

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201273953-collections/
Yes, I do:

I DO get them here...

...but NOT here (screenshot via iPad, but same idea as tvOS)...

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

ah, thats intended, we dont show collections when you list movies... it might come in future but it would require some big changes in how we handle media in lists.
jrcorwin

Post by jrcorwin »

amet wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 18:05 ah, thats intended, we dont show collections when you list movies... it might come in future but it would require some big changes in how we handle media in lists.
Oh, I see. Thank you. I really like how it’s handled in the native Plex app... if only it would direct play. So I end up having to settle for lack of collection support in the Plex extension or some unwanted UI elements in core MrMC (the implementation of collections and showing the hierarchy). Can’t find my perfect solution lol.