1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Godmax

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Godmax »

So what are we gonna do now? We'd need a Dolby CMU to destroy DV. But ofc that wont happen.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Nothing will happen here nothing. Waiting wont help. Either someone tries and fails or it wont happen EVER.

For example I wanted to try importing DV into Davinci Resolve 15 which has full DV support. Then maybe somehow export it to sth. we can use. But Davinci doesnt even recognize damn m2ts files. So I'd need to convert the m2ts to mp4 for example without the loss of the DV info. Of course that doesnt work either.....damn this SHIT
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

1st warning @Godmax, chill.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Dont worry I have chilled and will continue to do so for the next 10 years until we get Dolby Vision 2. No prob
mukiex

Post by mukiex »

Just curious, but given that it falls back to HDR10, what's the potential quality loss from losing the DV metadata track? Would it be significant, or does most of it come down to the potential for a bad master that just strips the HDR base track of good dynamic range?
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

what
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

So what now, can you add DV support or not? Do we have to move on?
costaud

Post by costaud »

No way I think :roll:
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

maybe :)
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Just some beautiful dual layer dolby vision streaming would change everything. I would buy the bin immediately. Apple would get a lot more money in a jiffy. You can make it all happen davilla you can support Apple big time by implementing it!