1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex MrMC Add-on: Picture is cut off on TV Topic is solved

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
OmegaRed1723

Plex MrMC Add-on: Picture is cut off on TV

Post by OmegaRed1723 »

Hi all,

As a longtime Plex user, I've read good things about MrMC's playback abilities—especially with regard to HDR playback—so I picked up a Shield TV to test it out. Playback does indeed look quite good; however, there is a 1-2cm band along the entire right and bottom edge during video playback when using the Plex add-on within MrMC (see pic below). This occurs with both 1080p and 2160p content. The preplay screens fill the entire display; the problem only happens during playback. Video calibration appears to be correct in the MrMC settings, with the arrow fully visible in the bottom right corner of the display.

This issue is not present in the default Plex app for the Shield TV; when playing the same video files the picture goes to the right and bottom edges of the display. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Plex MrMC Add-on: Picture is cut off on TV

Post by amet »

have you tried playing back the same file using MrMC Plex integration?

https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Plex

screen might look different depending on the skin you are using, but the general idea is the same
OmegaRed1723

Post by OmegaRed1723 »

I didn't even know that was an option. I'll try playback using that method and see whether there's any difference.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

version 3.7.0 that should be released in the next week or so will have a much better integration of Plex servers and libraries into home menu, might even make Plex add-on obsolete :)
OmegaRed1723

Post by OmegaRed1723 »

Unfortunately, playback in the MrMC Plex integration had the same outcome. Actually, the issue is different/worse than I originally believed. I went into the video calibration during playback and noticed it was not the same. After adjusting the calibration to bring the arrows back into the field of view there are black bars of unequal widths on all four sides. The bars are the same with either 1080p or 2160p content:
  • Top: 1.9cm
  • Bottom: 4.5cm
  • Left: 2.8cm
  • Right: 7cm
See images below:

1080p

2160p

Again, this does not happen when viewing the same content using the Plex app for the Shield TV. The video playback fills the screen with no overscan or underscan.
OmegaRed1723

Post by OmegaRed1723 »

I found the solution. In the Playback Settings menu, "Also allow resolution switch" was selected. Unchecking this resulted in videos displaying properly with no overscan or underscan on the tv.