1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DOLBY ATMOS in IOS 12

Any issues that are tvOS specific
azriel84

Re: DOLBY ATMOS in IOS 12

Post by azriel84 »

Will Atmos support though affect somehow how MrMC deals with Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD streams? It's not I am having any issues with the PCM output to my receiver, just a general question.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

azriel84 wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 20:47 Will Atmos support though affect somehow how MrMC deals with Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD streams? It's not I am having any issues with the PCM output to my receiver, just a general question.
Unknown until some actual developer info comes out.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

davilla wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 21:12
azriel84 wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 20:47 Will Atmos support though affect somehow how MrMC deals with Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD streams? It's not I am having any issues with the PCM output to my receiver, just a general question.
Unknown until some actual developer info comes out.
BTW, guess you have an developer account, right ? Did you already try to install tvOS 12 ? I read somewhere that it seems in the beta, Atmos support is still missing. After looking at the Infuse forums, seems like the guys at Firecore don't know much either.

Still Atmos is nice, but Apple should really consider returning DTS(:X) as well, lilke it was before 11.3. However, can imagine they don't care. DTS is non-existing for streaming services. Dolby is.

EDIT: this gives me hope though:

"Your tvOS apps can deliver amazing experiences with stunning picture quality through 4K resolution, Dolby Vision, and HDR10 and immersive sound through Dolby Atmos."

Suggests Atmos will be available via API.... according to the Firecore people, there is a talk today at WWDC.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tvOS 12 means a beta version of xcode which then cripples my ability to submit testflight/release versions. Not going there until it's much more mature.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

leonkoum wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 18:03 New beta with atmos support this time.... :D
more details please. is it passing through HD audio?
smhealey

Post by smhealey »

Currently it is only working with iTunes app and selected title(s) I believe. So, until app devs dig in we wont know.
cardsdoc

Post by cardsdoc »

A user on the infuse forum reported that when playing a ripped uhd with Atmos/Dolby TrueHD his AVR indicated Atmos yet another user reported getting a playback error trying something similar. So only a single report but if true very exciting.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

cardsdoc wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 01:16 A user on the infuse forum reported that when playing a ripped uhd with Atmos/Dolby TrueHD his AVR indicated Atmos yet another user reported getting a playback error trying something similar. So only a single report but if true very exciting.
That other user was me. Atmos doesn't work in anything but iTunes so far.
x64Man

Post by x64Man »

timstephens24 wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 02:08
cardsdoc wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 01:16 A user on the infuse forum reported that when playing a ripped uhd with Atmos/Dolby TrueHD his AVR indicated Atmos yet another user reported getting a playback error trying something similar. So only a single report but if true very exciting.
I have one movie with DD+, ATMOS track, that triggers ATMOS on my setup with the Plex App.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

x64Man wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 03:27
timstephens24 wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 02:08
I have one movie with DD+, ATMOS track, that triggers ATMOS on my setup with the Plex App.
I am suspicious whether they will actually release an API:

on the other hand, they said clearly “apps” at WWDC, not iTunes