1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision Mux!

Introduce yourself here
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Post by Grencola »

Godmax wrote: 18 May 2018, 13:43 He is talking about some CMS firmware nonstop what is that even? So far no progress apparently he cant get the good stuff.

The Apple player to stream DV files with Atmos and DTS-X, that would be sth.! Will I ever experience that in my life?
He needs to update his CMU (Content Mapping Unit), it's basically a supermicro computer that's been properly licensed by Dolby. He's soo close to getting it right with profile 4, says it gets to 99% but fails, although they're working towards getting that new firmware so don't count him out just yet :)
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Well yeah but its all in the dark once again. Does that new firmware even exist? Will it even help? And what if he can get it to work we dont have that stuff so we cant ever create the remuxes. First it has to work then once again other people have to copy his methods somehow. And then in 2019 or 2020 we all forgot about DV already and we can buy new stuff. Its a disaster if I may say so!
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

Grencola wrote: 18 May 2018, 17:21 He needs to update his CMU (Content Mapping Unit), it's basically a supermicro computer that's been properly licensed by Dolby.
That's not the impression that I got from his posts. He is using a non-production unit that is not properly licensed. That's why he is having trouble getting it to work with the different grading software. It's also not clear whether he is actually working the content master of un-released titles or not. If so, then he will be in deep trouble. What he's doing is not something that the common folks can replicate.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

wesk05 wrote: 18 May 2018, 22:37
Grencola wrote: 18 May 2018, 17:21 He needs to update his CMU (Content Mapping Unit), it's basically a supermicro computer that's been properly licensed by Dolby.
That's not the impression that I got from his posts. He is using a non-production unit that is not properly licensed. That's why he is having trouble getting it to work with the different grading software. It's also not clear whether he is actually working the content master of un-released titles or not. If so, then he will be in deep trouble.
Yeah that's why he needs to update his firmware, cuz a working cmu would be properly licensed by dolby but his is an older, non-production unit, so he's trying to get new fw :/ And ya I also feel like he could definitely get in trouble :o
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Doesnt matter as long as he shares his developments with the world and we can grab Dolby Vision by the nuts! Then he may go to jail but not one second earlier!
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

So all in all we cant convert the dual layer m2ts stuff. But the Apple machine cant be brought to play that dual layer stuff no matter what, right? So we are in a big pickle.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Godmax wrote: 22 May 2018, 11:15 So all in all we cant convert the dual layer m2ts stuff. But the Apple machine cant be brought to play that dual layer stuff no matter what, right? So we are in a big pickle.
Yup :cry:
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Any chance that Apple might add dual layer support for some reason? :) I mean we are so close its not funny anymore. Probably wont work for months and years even though we just need dual-layer support OR a way to convert dual to single ^^ Cant be that hard
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Godmax wrote: 23 May 2018, 17:55 Any chance that Apple might add dual layer support for some reason? :) I mean we are so close its not funny anymore. Probably wont work for months and years even though we just need dual-layer support OR a way to convert dual to single ^^ Cant be that hard
I doubt it, what they have already supports the flavor of DolbyVision they use.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

They are all doing a mighty fine job. Every player either doesnt know how to handle dual layer DV of course or it doesnt work via USB or any other streaming way. The Apple ofc has it all but ONLY single layer DV because of that iTunes shit of course.

Every player knows a way to deny us the use of DV. We just cant get to it. Aint that interesting :)

Great Dolby Vision times great era really good. Sooner or later its over anyway no one uses DV no one can see it anyway HDR10+ arrives and we all forget DV. What a waste of time and technology. Wonderful job done by Dolby. Great guys