1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Recommended Video and Audio Settings Guides for Shield/FireTV like we had with SPMC?

Report any issues you might have in here
Prodeje79

Recommended Video and Audio Settings Guides for Shield/FireTV like we had with SPMC?

Post by Prodeje79 »

I just posted a question about my "odd" setup, but this post is a normal situation. Basically your typical newer setup, 1080P Panny ST60 TV and a newer Yamaha AVR that can handle most/all audio signals all connected via HDMI. I retired the Fire TV2 to the bedroom and now have the Nvidia Shield. Regardless, I am sure both are popular. I hope to go 4k eventually.

When I started using SPMC long ago, I found some helpful settings to dial in. I am basically looking for the video and audio guides we have today for SPMC, but for MrMMC. These four come to mind:

Recommended video settings for SPMC and NVIDIA Shield TV with 1080p GUI
Recommended video settings for SPMC, NVIDIA Shield TV and UHD (4K) TVs with 4K GUI
Recommended video settings for SPMC and Fire TV
Recommended passthrough audio settings for SPMC, NVIDIA Shield TV and AV Receivers
Recommended passthrough audio settings for SPMC, Fire TV and AV Receivers
Last edited by Prodeje79 on 25 Mar 2018, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Recommended Video and Audio Settings Guides for Shield/FireTV like we had with SPMC?

Post by davilla »

Same except we have a setting for IEC rather than switching audio device.
Prodeje79

Re: Recommended Video and Audio Settings Guides for Shield/FireTV like we had with SPMC?

Post by Prodeje79 »

cool cool, I will try it out. I bet those were very popular hit pages in SPMC. I hope you have/create something similar. Although there are a ton of different boxes and setups etc, I expect that the Shield and Fire TV are big hitters.

Off topic,I really want to give MrMC a shot, but I am torn to have to pay for it twice (google play and amazon app store). Especially since my bedroom Fire TV is not used a lot. I also want to keep them the same UI to be family friendly to be used by anyone at home, so I dont think I want to run KODI on one and MrMC on the other.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Prodeje79 wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 19:29 Off topic,I really want to give MrMC a shot, but I am torn to have to pay for it twice (google play and amazon app store).
I paid for it twice. Honestly it was less than a Triple Grande White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks (my guilty pleasure) and I've gotten way more use out of it than that mocha.
Prodeje79

Post by Prodeje79 »

Fair enough, sometimes my passion for "Slick Deals" and being a cheap ass override looking at the big picture.
Prodeje79

Post by Prodeje79 »

Finally got some time to start my move from SPMC to MrMC. There wasn't a direct 1-1 mapping, plus some of the menus are different. I'd like to see your own MrMC version of these 5 pages. :)
Do I have access to build them and then perhaps have someone tweak the few things I wasn't 100% on?
thomfam

Post by thomfam »

I too am trying MrMC out as a straight media player. Despite the advice given here I find there is an audio sync problem with some files playing OK, others I need to advance either 150ms or 250ms.
This is rapidly becoming a pain.
I too am an SPMC User and have used the settings suggested above to (ie Koying's suggested SPMC Audio settings) and all work fine in SPMC. But not in MrMC.
I have a basic Yamaha RX-V373 and where possible have transposed Koyings SPMC Settings to MrMC. At this stage I have been unable to find where I can adjust the display refresh rate = on start/stop and pause during refresh change = 3.0 seconds.
Any assistance is welcomed.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

thomfam wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 02:46 I too am trying MrMC out as a straight media player. Despite the advice given here I find there is an audio sync problem with some files playing OK, others I need to advance either 150ms or 250ms.
This is rapidly becoming a pain.
I too am an SPMC User and have used the settings suggested above to (ie Koying's suggested SPMC Audio settings) and all work fine in SPMC. But not in MrMC.
I have a basic Yamaha RX-V373 and where possible have transposed Koyings SPMC Settings to MrMC. At this stage I have been unable to find where I can adjust the display refresh rate = on start/stop and pause during refresh change = 3.0 seconds.
Any assistance is welcomed.
Settings -> Video -> Playback. Make sure expert mode is on.
thomfam

Post by thomfam »

Thanks mate. Still unable to find a couple of Koying's settings. Audio Output Device = IEC but there was a setting further down the page for something like that.

Could not find a setting for Enable audio DSP processing = off.

Reverted all audio settings back to "Default" last night and still had +250ms out of sync adjustment to do.

I am using an Nvidia Shield and the audio works fine in SPMC!

Make this Koying's first task to sort out the audio setup when he comes over!
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

thomfam wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 21:33 Thanks mate. Still unable to find a couple of Koying's settings. Audio Output Device = IEC but there was a setting further down the page for something like that.

Could not find a setting for Enable audio DSP processing = off.

Reverted all audio settings back to "Default" last night and still had +250ms out of sync adjustment to do.

I am using an Nvidia Shield and the audio works fine in SPMC!

Make this Koying's first task to sort out the audio setup when he comes over!
There is no setting for 'Enable audio DSP processing = off' because there is no audio DSP processing.