1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

AppleTV 4K Remote

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
logan_x50

AppleTV 4K Remote

Post by logan_x50 »

So i purchased AppleTV 4k to replace my Fire TV 1 as i was getting annoyed by constant amazon adverts and the fact i now have a 4k tv. Coming from Fire TV 1 to Apple TV the single biggest challenge is the remote. where the fire tv remote played really nice with MrMC i feel AppleTV remote is a disaster. How the heck can you scroll quickly through the media lists? i figured out you can kind of hold "down" and it will scroll down but heck its slow...then when watching a movie how the heck can you perform a "skip"?

Its so bad i feel i must be doing something wrong. Can anyone share their take on Apple TV navigation in general and MrMC specifically?
cosmoxl

Re: AppleTV 4K Remote

Post by cosmoxl »

how the siri remote interacts with MrMC will soon be changing. it'll be much more like other apps on the apple tv, where you swipe around.

one thing to learn is that tapping the edges of the remote, not clicking, is also a way to move the cursor around efficiently, when a swipe won't do.

in current release of MrMC skipping is done by tapping, not clicking, the edges of the remote. tap up is a chapter ahead, tap down is a chapter back. tapping left and right edges repeatedly will increment up time.

but this will be changing soon to conform to the typical apple tv app. so, don't get too accustomed to it. :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

join testflight, it works oh so much better there.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:51 or get one of these

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MM4T ... -MM4T2AM/A
wow, that thing gets horrible reviews. :o
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

davilla wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:51 or get one of these

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MM4T ... -MM4T2AM/A
Ooh! didn't think of that....i have one as well but thinking about it i think its infra-red and my Apple tv is tucked away in a cupboard along with the other 300 bits of gaming, tv recording, harmony hub, hdmi switcher, etc equipment
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

any standard ir remote will also work
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

davilla wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:34 join testflight, it works oh so much better there.
thank you for the testflight invitation. i have see a big improvement in the media view scroll. my other observations should be posted in support/testflight i guess
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

just noticed that CEC is working so TV remote is also an option
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

cosmoxl wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:02 how the siri remote interacts with MrMC will soon be changing. it'll be much more like other apps on the apple tv, where you swipe around.

one thing to learn is that tapping the edges of the remote, not clicking, is also a way to move the cursor around efficiently, when a swipe won't do.

in current release of MrMC skipping is done by tapping, not clicking, the edges of the remote. tap up is a chapter ahead, tap down is a chapter back. tapping left and right edges repeatedly will increment up time.

but this will be changing soon to conform to the typical apple tv app. so, don't get too accustomed to it. :)
Hi. I'm having trouble understanding the above reply that refers to how things will be in the future.

I have the 3.4.1 Beta, and I can't figure out any easy way to skip forward and backward by chapters. I see the chapter numbers (e.g. 1 of 5) in the lower left ... and I can bring up the "expert SIRI" to tap chapter forward and back.

However, I just cannot figure out whether there is a simple gesture (either expert or not) that will allow me in the new MrMC to move forward or backward by a chapter.

Any opinions on this?

thanks
BrianGGG