Page 1 of 1

MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 14:01
by logan_x50
I have some Video_TS Folders that i can't use MrMC to playback but Kodi will play them.

I have MrMC set for an external database and wondered whether this meant i could have Kodi 17 running with a local database as MrMC v2.8 is running with an external database?

Re: MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 14:30
by davilla
Video_TS Folders are on the roadmap for being supported.

Re: MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 14:50
by logan_x50
thank you Davilla...but in the meantime?

Re: MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 26 Jan 2017, 21:34
by zakaron
I currently have Kodi 16.2 on my PC and the latest MrMC on two apple TV devices. They are all on the same MySQL database and share data between all 3 just fine. I normally use my PC to copy new media content to the file server, then run Kodi and update the library - when I go downstairs the new content shows up when I go into that library on MrMC.

The problem is you have v17 - I am very certain they have changed some things in the database, so the current version of MrMC will not likely work with it. That is the biggest reason I have not tried Krypton yet because I'm afraid it will update the database and then MrMC will be left in the cold.

Re: MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 27 Jan 2017, 13:19
by davilla
zakaron wrote:I currently have Kodi 16.2 on my PC and the latest MrMC on two apple TV devices. They are all on the same MySQL database and share data between all 3 just fine. I normally use my PC to copy new media content to the file server, then run Kodi and update the library - when I go downstairs the new content shows up when I go into that library on MrMC.

The problem is you have v17 - I am very certain they have changed some things in the database, so the current version of MrMC will not likely work with it. That is the biggest reason I have not tried Krypton yet because I'm afraid it will update the database and then MrMC will be left in the cold.
The pending MrMC v3.0.0 is Kodi 17 compatible. It is in Testflight right now, waiting for Kodi 17 to hit release.

Re: MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 08 Feb 2017, 15:24
by bigbonobo
davilla wrote:
The pending MrMC v3.0.0 is Kodi 17 compatible. It is in Testflight right now, waiting for Kodi 17 to hit release.
Any update on this? Without really thinking about it I updated my raspberry pi (which runs the database) to KODI 17 and now my iPad and Apple TV 4 can't see any of the new files added to the database. My mistake I realise but really looking forward to getting this working again through a MrMC update to the new database.

Any chance you'd like me to try out the TestFlight MrMC v3.0.0?

Re: MrMC & Kodi cohabitation

Posted: 08 Feb 2017, 16:27
by davilla
bigbonobo wrote:
davilla wrote:
The pending MrMC v3.0.0 is Kodi 17 compatible. It is in Testflight right now, waiting for Kodi 17 to hit release.
Any update on this? Without really thinking about it I updated my raspberry pi (which runs the database) to KODI 17 and now my iPad and Apple TV 4 can't see any of the new files added to the database. My mistake I realise but really looking forward to getting this working again through a MrMC update to the new database.

Any chance you'd like me to try out the TestFlight MrMC v3.0.0?
few days, finishing up some issues.