1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Stuttering playback in panning scenes (x264 encoded material)

tvOS Video playback support subforum
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Stuttering playback in panning scenes (x264 encoded material)

Post by davilla »

"display to sync" syncs to the display refresh rate. Normally, audio timestamps are the source for the 'master' clock. "display to sync" switches this so that video timestamps are the source for the 'master' clock. That means video frames are never dropped/delayed to keep a/v sync and instead, audio packets are dropped or silence injected to maintain a/v sync.

Some find a dropped frame more annoying than a tiny audio blip/silence. I think it also depends on age :) I for example, just hate talking over cell phones, the audio quality is just crap and audio drop outs just make the conversation tiring. To date myself, I remember when Sprint started routing their phone signals via satellite. The delays were quite annoying and we found ourselves saying 'over' at the end of sentences like talking over ham/cb radio :)
cosmoxl

Re: Stuttering playback in panning scenes (x264 encoded material)

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 14:46 "display to sync" syncs to the display refresh rate. Normally, audio timestamps are the source for the 'master' clock. "display to sync" switches this so that video timestamps are the source for the 'master' clock. That means video frames are never dropped/delayed to keep a/v sync and instead, audio packets are dropped or silence injected to maintain a/v sync.

Some find a dropped frame more annoying than a tiny audio blip/silence. I think it also depends on age :) I for example, just hate talking over cell phones, the audio quality is just crap and audio drop outs just make the conversation tiring. To date myself, I remember when Sprint started routing their phone signals via satellite. The delays were quite annoying and we found ourselves saying 'over' at the end of sentences like talking over ham/cb radio :)
I never get audio drops, etc. when sync to display is on. but, I think since it's decoding and outputting PCM that's expected. I recall that a few years ago kodi had the ability to do sync to display but also keep passthrough/bitstream working. In that case I might get some popping noises here and there. I figured that wasn't good for my speakers so I turned that off. :)