1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Not all DVD rips showing up on MrMC

tvOS Video playback support subforum
Markusm13

Not all DVD rips showing up on MrMC

Post by Markusm13 »

Hi,

Not sure I am in the right group, however my issue is that not all my DVD's (running from a NAS) are showing up on MR MC.

Typically it appears that the DVD's I have made myself or have been made for me (eg home movie or VHS conversions) do not appear on MRMC.

I haver added these DVD files like all other files by adding the location to MrMC.

I would note the following:
- The folder structure in these homemade DVD's is the same as a normal store purchased DVD (ie it has in the Video_ts folder with a video_TS.ifo and a Video_ts.vob file).
- If I navigate to the folder of the home dvd - I can locate or play that dvd fine.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

(BTW this is so great to have DVD Folders working - now apple need to provide API's for their Apple TV App)

Kind regards,
Markus
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Not all DVD rips showing up on MrMC

Post by amet »

are you trying to add those home videos into library? that will not be possible as the library is crated from the commercial movies located on IMDB/tmdb.

you can access all your home movies by going to Sources tab and adding a new source that points to the folder you keep your home movies in and make sure you don't set any content to it, that way it will be treated as file source and not as library source(entry)
Markusm13

Post by Markusm13 »

Ahhh yes I was trying to add them to library.... hat would explain it.. I will try what you have said and revert shortly. Thanks for the quick reply...
Markusm13

Post by Markusm13 »

Thanks... all working as you had suggested... thanks for clarifying.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

no problem, glad that you have it working :)
gnollo

Post by gnollo »

I am testing MrMC to connect to an Emby server, all movies play well but movies that have a video_ts root based on vob files don't show in the library, how can I get to show in the library?
gnollo

Post by gnollo »

I have added the folder where the DVD rips are located, using the Add Source/Movies entry, and I can play them back succesfully, so Kudos for that.
Is there a way that I can add those movies in the single "Movies" view I get from connecting to Emby? They are now in two different places, and I would really like them to be in the same place.