1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio with 5.1

tvOS Video playback support subforum
VagnPetersen

Re: Audio with 5.1

Post by VagnPetersen »

I will gladly try out ANY beta versions to see if the problem gets fixed, but how are you going to be accepted as a beta tester???
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

first you would need mac, then Apple Configurator and configuring profile for Beta versions... if you have Apple mac, mail me using support address and lets take it from there

EDIT: and of course, you would need USB -> USB-c cable
VagnPetersen

Post by VagnPetersen »

Thank you for replying... But I don't have a mac :(
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

:(

lets see if anyone else with same issue can test, we are on it.. just timeline is unknown
erJotas

Post by erJotas »

Hi everyone,

I have issues with 5.1 sound. My AV is yamaha RX-V64ORDS and I'm testing tvOS 9.2 beta. I can't get 5.1 sound using passthrough.

@amet, I can test what ever you want.

Best regards
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

erJotas wrote:Hi everyone,

I have issues with 5.1 sound. My AV is yamaha RX-V64ORDS and I'm testing tvOS 9.2 beta. I can't get 5.1 sound using passthrough.

@amet, I can test what ever you want.

Best regards
mrmc.log with debug enabled and did this setup work under tvOS 9.1 ?
erJotas

Post by erJotas »

Ok, I don't know how or why but It's working now. I just set audio settings in the apple tv to 16 bits and then back to automatic, and it's working.

In the other hand, I have also a Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500, It has only an optical input so I connect the appletv4 to my TV LED 32" SAMSUNG D5500 and then with an optical cable to the SoundWorks, but I can't ear nothing, maybe It's a problem with the tv output... I don't know.

Do you still want the log file?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

erJotas wrote:Ok, I don't know how or why but It's working now. I just set audio settings in the apple tv to 16 bits and then back to automatic, and it's working.

In the other hand, I have also a Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500, It has only an optical input so I connect the appletv4 to my TV LED 32" SAMSUNG D5500 and then with an optical cable to the SoundWorks, but I can't ear nothing, maybe It's a problem with the tv output... I don't know.

Do you still want the log file?
Nah, tvOS configure issue :)

I think we can detect if that setting is wrong, and kick back to two channel, have to poke.
erJotas

Post by erJotas »

Ok! any idea about the other config? (samsung + cambridge soundworks)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

erJotas wrote:Ok! any idea about the other config? (samsung + cambridge soundworks)
not a clue, you might see if there are any settings on the samsung you can diddle.