1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New and need help

Report any issues you might have in here
mpg732

New and need help

Post by mpg732 » 05 Aug 2019, 16:41

I am using the latest MRMC and latest update on my Apple 4k TV. I was having problems with large movies like 4K buffering. I was using SMB share which I herd is not the way to go. So I created a FTP share on my windows 10 PC. I can access it from my iPad but MRMC keeps saying that it can not connect. I have created a basic anonymous share so no login required. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: New and need help

Post by davilla » 06 Aug 2019, 11:08

ftp is worse than smb :)

if 4K buffering, you have a network feed problem. Double check your networking setup. If wifi, it must be an 802.11ac speeds, if wired, gigabit.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 Aug 2019, 11:53

mpg732 wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 16:41
I am using the latest MRMC and latest update on my Apple 4k TV. I was having problems with large movies like 4K buffering. I was using SMB share which I herd is not the way to go. So I created a FTP share on my windows 10 PC. I can access it from my iPad but MRMC keeps saying that it can not connect. I have created a basic anonymous share so no login required. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
I guess you meant NFS, not FTP share! NFS is generally faster but you need to correctly set the privileges.
My advise is to use NFS shares if you can and know how to set it up correctly or SMB (2 or 3) together with wired Gigabit (Cat5a or Cat6 cables) connection between the server and the player locally; over the Internet is a different situation.

mpg732

Post by mpg732 » 07 Aug 2019, 04:05

Thanks,

I am using a Gigabyte with all Cat6, no WIFI. I also tried MRMC on my new Sony TV that has android OS and it works great. I cant use it on the TV for I only have ARC and not eARC on my Receiver so all I can git is stereo. This only seems to be an issue on the appleTV. In fact Plex has problems too on the appleTV. So not sure why. I have tried moving network cables and all that stuff just to make sure but nothing seemed to improved. I just bought the applTV, should I return it for a Shield? I was not happy with KODI and HDR and coloration on the shield. Do you know if MRMC is better on the shield then KODI?

What are you using for your NFS?

Waltman

Post by Waltman » 07 Aug 2019, 06:32

Hello,

I am on a similar setup. All wired cat5e connections. My data is an a NAS, which had NFS to share to the Apple tv4k. All connections are on gigabit from point to point. And no issues with 4K al all.

Are you sure cables / connections are okay ? Are you using gigabit speed from atv to pc ?

mpg732

Post by mpg732 » 07 Aug 2019, 14:57

Waltman wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 06:32
Hello,

I am on a similar setup. All wired cat5e connections. My data is an a NAS, which had NFS to share to the Apple tv4k. All connections are on gigabit from point to point. And no issues with 4K al all.

Are you sure cables / connections are okay ? Are you using gigabit speed from atv to pc ?
Yes, as stated above all Gigabyte and checked cables and ports.

mpg732

Post by mpg732 » 08 Aug 2019, 04:57

So got a NFS server working. Things are a lot better. Still have an issue with large 4k movies. IF I skip ahead some times the movie will image will pause and the progress bar will go back to the begging. If I stop the movie, MRMC losses my progress.

Waltman

Post by Waltman » 08 Aug 2019, 15:03

I cant do skipping either in very large files (> 10GB). But stop and resumé always works. How big are your files you are testing in GB ?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 09 Aug 2019, 00:38

davilla wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 11:08
ftp is worse than smb :)

if 4K buffering, you have a network feed problem. Double check your networking setup. If wifi, it must be an 802.11ac speeds, if wired, gigabit.
What he said :)

mpg732

Post by mpg732 » 09 Aug 2019, 02:10

Waltman wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 15:03
I cant do skipping either in very large files (> 10GB). But stop and resumé always works. How big are your files you are testing in GB ?
They are MKV rips so the file sizes are some thing over 50 gig. So to be clear I am not having buffering issues per say. If I just play the movie it will play all the way through but if I skip ahead or back at all. The movie locks up every time and the MRMC progress slider goes back to zero. I have done every thing I can to make sure its not network. I do not have this problem on my SONY TV that runs Android. I just cant use the TV for the ARC only allows stereo. So I think the problem is IOS related. Maybe IOS is not allowing MRMC to use that much resource,