1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Constantly buffering files, play fine in VLC

Report any issues you might have in here
msyeed

Re: Constantly buffering files, play fine in VLC

Post by msyeed » 14 Apr 2019, 07:23

So I should be good to go by next update? That's awesome, thanks!

And thanks for the heads up about the account info. By leaking, do you just mean it's got my username still embedded in the file? If so, that's okay, I'm not in the habit of sharing the files. Now, if it's scraping it and sharing it some place, I'll stop using it ASAP.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 14 Apr 2019, 14:32

msyeed wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 07:23
So I should be good to go by next update? That's awesome, thanks!

And thanks for the heads up about the account info. By leaking, do you just mean it's got my username still embedded in the file? If so, that's okay, I'm not in the habit of sharing the files. Now, if it's scraping it and sharing it some place, I'll stop using it ASAP.
As long as the actual file is not shared, should be ok. But just remember, if mediainfo can see it, so can ffmpeg even when streaming the contents. MrMC does not look at those embedded fields so they should never appear in MrMC logs.

msyeed

Post by msyeed » 14 Apr 2019, 17:20

Copy that, thanks for the heads up!

msyeed

Post by msyeed » 24 Apr 2019, 08:36

Finally got the latest update and tested. Not quiiiite there yet. If I just start playing, everything seems fine. But if I switch to the mono HE-AAC track, sometimes it plays right away and sometimes it back tracks, buffers, and/or stutters for a bit before getting up to speed. Then it'll play for a chunk of time before pausing the whole video and buffering for a while, repeating this fairy often.

Oddly, once I've switched to the mono track, I can freely switch to the surround again, but now it will periodically buffer too, and won't recover until I completely stop playback.

This is the only 720p Requiem'ed show that has problems. Differences as far as I know are it has chapters and this mono track. Sadly, I ran an update for VLC too, and now that can't play these back smoothly either, where it was fine before.

Any ideas?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 24 Apr 2019, 13:45

msyeed wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 08:36
Finally got the latest update and tested. Not quiiiite there yet. If I just start playing, everything seems fine. But if I switch to the mono HE-AAC track, sometimes it plays right away and sometimes it back tracks, buffers, and/or stutters for a bit before getting up to speed. Then it'll play for a chunk of time before pausing the whole video and buffering for a while, repeating this fairy often.

Oddly, once I've switched to the mono track, I can freely switch to the surround again, but now it will periodically buffer too, and won't recover until I completely stop playback.

This is the only 720p Requiem'ed show that has problems. Differences as far as I know are it has chapters and this mono track. Sadly, I ran an update for VLC too, and now that can't play these back smoothly either, where it was fine before.

Any ideas?
I'd need a sample, I don't think we ever tested mono audio handling :)

msyeed

Post by msyeed » 25 Apr 2019, 16:14

Where can I post a sample? Smallest episode I've got is 1.47GB.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 25 Apr 2019, 17:14

davilla wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 20:53
any change of getting a sample ? you can upload to https://nextcloud.semperpax.be/s/DeeCbJz3AMDFRD9
same place as before.

msyeed

Post by msyeed » 25 Apr 2019, 17:30

Ah, I take it my previous upload is gone. I'll post another. Thanks!

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 25 Apr 2019, 17:34

msyeed wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 17:30
Ah, I take it my previous upload is gone. I'll post another. Thanks!
Are you saying the previous sample has one channel audio ?
I still have that sample.

msyeed

Post by msyeed » 25 Apr 2019, 17:36

Correct: original stereo AAC, original 5.1 AC3, and DVD-ripped commentary as a mono HE-AAC.