1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Cannot use MrMC 8.1 with Plex on Android TV

Report any issues you might have in here
sjm817

Cannot use MrMC 8.1 with Plex on Android TV

Post by sjm817 »

Hi. Since the new 8.1 release I can no longer use MrMC. I have an Nvidia Shield and also Sony Android TV both running Android Oreo. I add Plex as a media source and it appears to register. I never get connected. If I go to sources, it gives me option to sign out of Plex so it thinks it is connected, but isnt. I only have media source and quit to select from on home screen. This used to work fine on previous versions. Any ideas?

Thanks
cosmoxl

Re: Cannot use MrMC 8.1 with Plex on Android TV

Post by cosmoxl »

sjm817 wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 14:43 Hi. Since the new 8.1 release I can no longer use MrMC. I have an Nvidia Shield and also Sony Android TV both running Android Oreo. I add Plex as a media source and it appears to register. I never get connected. If I go to sources, it gives me option to sign out of Plex so it thinks it is connected, but isnt. I only have media source and quit to select from on home screen. This used to work fine on previous versions. Any ideas?

Thanks
I assume you mean 3.8.1 beta test as there's no release yet. You probably just need to go up to the top little icon that looks like 3 stacked hard drives and probably says MrMC underneath it, click that, and choose your plex server.
sjm817

Post by sjm817 »

I tied that. The only server it shows is "MrMC" It does not show my Plex server. When I first launch MrMC an error pops up saying it cannot connect to Plex server.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Debuglog please
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 16:34Debuglog please
He may have an unusual network like me and Plex isn't available remotely like mine is.

The fixes you made haven't been rolled out to the shield build. The one we have was built on March 19.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Yes, seem that’s the issue.

You will need to go back to 3.8.0 until new 3.8.1 is done
sjm817

Post by sjm817 »

I am back to 3.8.0 and all is well. Thanks!