1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex server and sorting TV Shows by "Date Added" not working as expected

Report any issues you might have in here
murtazao

Plex server and sorting TV Shows by "Date Added" not working as expected

Post by murtazao » 04 Jan 2019, 11:40

Hi, Using MrMC 3.71, when I try to sort my TV Shows library from a Plex server by "Date Added" (expecting it to sort top level TV shows as per "Date Last Episode Added") it appears to not work correctly. The shows are ordered somewhat close to last episode added, but still quite incorrect, and I haven't been able to figure out the pattern. The same setting (sort by Date Added) when connecting to the Nas share directly works as expected.
I have tried various combinations, to narrow it down to the combination of MrMC (all platforms) and Plex server. The Official Plex client (Nvidia Shield, Fire TV) does sort the TV shows correctly using "Date Last Episode Added". The MrMC sorts correctly connecting to the file shares directly. MrMC connecting to the Plex is consistent across all platforms (Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield, Fire TV 4K), but incorrect. For reference, my plex server is running on Ubuntu, and my media files are stored on a Qnap Nas shared via Samba shares. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.