1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hue Sync on Amazon Fire TV

Report any issues you might have in here
mrmrmrmr

Hue Sync on Amazon Fire TV

Post by mrmrmrmr »

Hi,
I am using MrMc paid version on my Amazon Fire TV.
I've configured the settings for Hue Sync.
It seems to work. (dimming and ambilight)
however, the white subtitles make lights go white all the time.
is this a bug ?
is there a configuration to ignore subtitles ?
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Hue Sync on Amazon Fire TV

Post by koying »

On Android, Hue and other ambient lights systems work by grabbing screenshots of the whole display, so, yes, the subtitles are taking into account when averaging colors, but I'd be very surprised subtitles would modify the final color, unless they take half of the screen...

A picture of one of those frames that makes the hue go white might help...
mrmrmrmr

Post by mrmrmrmr »

I captured a short video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OLJrdg6Cgo

as you'll see, when there's subtitle , lights are white. When there's no subtitle, lights go off.
it's also same when I open the in-video menu.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Mmm... Firstly, it's not normal the lights are off when there is no subtitles.

What are your bulbs and hue settings?

Edit: Oh, did you ticked "Enable capture" in codecs?
That's required so that MrMC can capture the screen (and, before you ask, not enabled by default because it asks for permission, and people not using ambilight don't need it)
mrmrmrmr

Post by mrmrmrmr »

Hi,

I don't know where the codecs configuration is, but I enabled "capture" in video->acceleration settings ?
is there any other configuration ?

About my hue settings;
I enabled hue bridge and selected entertainment zone. Also one other bulb which is not included in the entertainment zone.
The rest of the Hue settings are left as default.

what else should I check ?
mrmrmrmr

Post by mrmrmrmr »

any ideas ?
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

Make sure that that you have actually set up an 'Entertainment Group' in the Hue App on your mobile device - then put all the lights that you want to act as Ambilights in there.

Then make sure that the appropriate entertainment group is selected on the Hue settings screen. All the lights in that entertainment group should then act as Ambilights.

There is the option to set up individual lights but I've only ever used that for dimming. ie. When I play video material the 3 lights at the front of the room (behind TV and corners) are in a 'Living Room entertainment group' and act as Ambilights, and a couple of other lights behind me are set to dim during the playback. Then when I pause or stop the playback, the lights brighten up just like a cinema - fantastic!

As regards the lights being not dark enough, you can set the minimum brightness to something lower than the default 20% which can actually be quite bright (depending on which model of Hue lights you are using) and is triggered by a really small amount of bright area on screen. I have mine set to 5%
mrmrmrmr

Post by mrmrmrmr »

there's no problem in my entertainment group setting on both apps.
I also tried removing the single light.
But the problem is still occuring.
This is not a light group setting issue I guess. it is something about capturing the colors from my Fire TV.

any ideas to fix it ?
jcwillia1

Post by jcwillia1 »

sorry I stumbled into this thread while looking for something else - what is this about hue sync on fire tv?!?

I was only aware that hue sync worked with PC - did they expand and I missed it?
mrmrmrmr

Post by mrmrmrmr »

I tried similar settings on my Android phone now. It works. What's wrong with the Fire TV settings ?