1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Official Plex add-on for Kodi

Public Announcements and News subforum
cosmoxl

Official Plex add-on for Kodi

Post by cosmoxl »

Just saw the news that Plex has released an add-on for Kodi.

I haven't looked at their implementation yet but my first thought was wondering if they'd used MrMC code to create the add-on - you know, why now when plexkodiconnect has been around for some time.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Official Plex add-on for Kodi

Post by davilla »

Not that I've heard, it also all in python. In following typical plex addons, it presents the plex look and feel rather than MrMC's integrated to skin look and feel.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I prefer it on my NVIDIA Shield over the native Plex app (because it's ugly), but I'd prefer MrMC's current implementation over it. It looks very similar to the Plex app for the Apple TV, but a lot more basic.
WarrenF

Post by WarrenF »

Hi

I know the MrMC app has the plex add on but for some reason the add on won't let me into certain playlists on my plex account. Not sure why?

Also I find using Plex via MrMC isn't a very nice experience compared to using Plex via Kodi. Are the devs at MrMC plan on updating the app so Plex looks more like Plex?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

WarrenF wrote:Hi

I know the MrMC app has the plex add on but for some reason the add on won't let me into certain playlists on my plex account. Not sure why?

Also I find using Plex via MrMC isn't a very nice experience compared to using Plex via Kodi. Are the devs at MrMC plan on updating the app so Plex looks more like Plex?
There is no plan to make MrMC look like Plex. That's the whole point of bringing Plex Client into core. To access plex resources under the MrMC look/feel.

Plex playlists are not supported at this time.
ghus123

Post by ghus123 »

Any plans to incorporate plexKodiconnect in MrMC? For me at least the existing implementation in the app now is not very useable for the following reasons.

1) resume video function does not work. It times out for hours. I have to always start a video from the beginning
2) Fast forwarding also does not work. Again hungs indefinitely
3) Pictures from Plex is not supported.
4) Video grouping does not support folders. They show all flat
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

ghus123 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 02:17 Any plans to incorporate plexKodiconnect in MrMC? For me at least the existing implementation in the app now is not very useable for the following reasons.

1) resume video function does not work. It times out for hours. I have to always start a video from the beginning
Do you mean in addition to the official Plex for "kodi" add-on which is already in the works?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ghus123 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 02:17 Any plans to incorporate plexKodiconnect in MrMC? For me at least the existing implementation in the app now is not very useable for the following reasons.

1) resume works 100 percent for me, Never times out. debuglog please.
2) fast forward also works 100 percent for me
3) Have to wait for Plex devs to add it
4) Ditto.

For now, it's Plex for Koid. Maybe we will take a look at plexKodiconnect at a later date.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 04:24

1) resume works 100 percent for me, Never times out. debuglog please.
2) fast forward also works 100 percent for me
3) Have to wait for Plex devs to add it
4) Ditto.

For now, it's Plex for Koid. Maybe we will take a look at plexKodiconnect at a later date.

wait a second. I sorted a library by folders the other day. is that not what point 4 is?
Gkfisher

Post by Gkfisher »

I bought MrMC for its plex integration. Would love to be able to see “continue watching” options as this is the only gap I see.

Subtitle support is so much better (although I still have some issues with forced subs only playing).

Thanks.