1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Skin Support

Public Announcements and News subforum

Which skins do you use (or want to use) on tvOS.

Poll ended at 24 Mar 2016, 16:09

MrMC (modified confluence)
30%
Amber
25%
PM3.HD
4%
Bello
6%
Mimic
30%
SiO2
6%

Total votes: 53

adricob

Re: Future Skin Support

Post by adricob »

I like MrMC (modified confluence) skin, please keep it!
convertapple

Post by convertapple »

I just tried Mimic on Kodi, the "big wall" is nice (fit 24 items on).

It'd be nice if with this view if the when you paused on an item for say half a second a slightly transparent screen wide info bar auto-popped down from the top of the screen (or bottom if selection is in top row), showing the details, then when you move it disappears.

I don't know if any skins do this sort of thing already? It's just being able to see a lot of posters at once is nice, but then having to press a button to go and read movie details, then press to back becomes a pain though I know that's how amazon prime/plex do it. This would be very fluent and much faster to use imho.

I see The" Info Wall" view gets close but the info part is permanently visible and as it's not full screen so it only uses about half the total screen for posters. Info Wall's info view is at side, which would work as a pop up on "big wall" if you scrolled side to side through movies. An option for vertical or horizontal scrolling would be good.
bananskins

Post by bananskins »

Any chance of Aeon Nox in MrMC?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

skins that use python based script helpers are off the table at the present time.
Triggerhappy

Post by Triggerhappy »

I'm not so concerned about the specific skin as the feature set. It has to be clean, yes, but other than that I'll try anything that's available and I can set up on all my boxes.

Features:
No hidden top-level items. This is why I don't like Confluence, I don't like having to start scrolling to see everything available.
Ability to add custom menu items to point to different areas / favorites. Set up stuff for the wife (quick link to binge-watch show du-jour, kid tv shows, kid movies etc.)

Currently I use Transparency for this, but would use anything that meets these two needs. Also used to use Eminence.
lysin987

Post by lysin987 »

Any chance of integrating fTV from Hitcher into MrMC?

Cheers
Mitrixx

Post by Mitrixx »

When will "Estuary" and "Estouchy" avaible in MrMC ?
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

Don't know if this thread is still considered, but for me obviously it is definitively fTV Mod with Live TV (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253058) wich should be integrated, of course I know the scripting part needs to be taken out, still seems for me the logical way to go at least on Fire TV, and on Apple TV of course it can only be http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269029

Of course a unique skin for all platforms would be awsome , something dark with red highlights wich is corresponding to the logo nd where plex support is integrated :)

Wht u guys think?
maui917

Post by maui917 »

May I offer up a change suggestion to the retouched skin which would solve 99% of my desire to have other skins supported. I believe this would be a fairly simple change and hopefully shouldn't require any of the scripting preventing support of other skins. (but I don't know)

Under retouched's current skin settings you have the option of creating additional "Add On" shortcuts to the main menu, as well as turn off the system set main menu items such as music and pictures.

Similar to the shortcuts for "Add On's" I'd just like to have the option to create custom short cuts for "favorites". If I could do that, I'd be perfectly content with the retouched skin for the tablets I'm using MrMC on.

Thanks.

P.S. If this is a suggest I should pose to the Kodi forums please let me know, as I don't know if you do anything to the retouched skin or just use it as is from Kodi.
houndtt

Post by houndtt »

I like the Kodi Estuary skin that comes with the latest betas of Krypton