1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

tvOS Testing 1.1.1 (160102.1744)

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: tvOS Testing 1.1.1 (160102.1744)

Post by davilla »

x64Man wrote:Still no love for OS X SMB, for me at least, I have file sharing enabled, as well, I enabled the Guest account and selected allow to access shared folders. Nothing shows up under Windows Network (SMB), if I manually input IP my shares show up and I can add my Movies folder, scans for metadata okay but unable to play any Movie.
setting->services->smb client

you have to turn on libdsm support, it's not default yet.
x64Man

Post by x64Man »

davilla wrote:
x64Man wrote:Still no love for OS X SMB, for me at least, I have file sharing enabled, as well, I enabled the Guest account and selected allow to access shared folders. Nothing shows up under Windows Network (SMB), if I manually input IP my shares show up and I can add my Movies folder, scans for metadata okay but unable to play any Movie.

Well, fudge, feel like a dumb ass now, thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

x64Man wrote:
davilla wrote:

np :) we had to decide something and decided to keep default behavior for smb client until we get more feedback on libdsm.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

davilla wrote:
x64Man wrote:
davilla wrote:

np :) we had to decide something and decided to keep default behavior for smb client until we get more feedback on libdsm.
Does this mean that libdsm is used for all SMB access ? With my QNAP looks like I don't see the usual errors when the share is opened.

BTW, I just see that lipsync issues als occur right from the start. Still playing the movie and its about 0.2 sec delay. File is a BRRip, x264 video with AAC LC stereo audio.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

once libdsm is enabled, then ALL smb (even from existing sources) is done via libdsm.

v1.1.1 might have an a/v issue, the offending commit has been removed for future release be they testflight or other.
BanRay

Post by BanRay »

amet wrote:
BanRay wrote:About "disable remote swipes in osd": I have to set this option to False/Off to actually disable the remote swipes while watching something. So I think you mixed up either the label or the boolean ;)
yeah, my bad... fixed :)
This feature is nice to prevent an accidental skip in time when picking up the remote. But it also means that you cannot access f.i. the sound options from the OSD. Right?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

BanRay wrote:
amet wrote:
BanRay wrote:About "disable remote swipes in osd": I have to set this option to False/Off to actually disable the remote swipes while watching something. So I think you mixed up either the label or the boolean ;)
yeah, my bad... fixed :)
This feature is nice to prevent an accidental skip in time when picking up the remote. But it also means that you cannot access f.i. the sound options from the OSD. Right?
ofcourse you can, edge taps work
BanRay

Post by BanRay »

Yep, I see. Thx!