1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Feature requests Topic is solved

Any Ariana skin issues go here
foghat

Feature requests

Post by foghat »

Hi,

As I am using this skin more, I am finding, what I think, are some fairly 'standard' things that are missing. Hopefully these items are on a road map somewhere. :)

I am using Plex, if that makes any sort of difference.

1. When sorting by Title, items that start with 'A' are listed with all the 'A' titles. In my experience, 'A' is usually treated like 'The' and ignored for the sort.

2. Need some sort of alpha strip that can be accessed so it is easier to get deep in to ones library.

3. When in 'all movies' (or TV shows) let 'left' or 'right' on the d-pad bring up the view/sort/search bar. Right now with having to be at the beginning of ones library and select up, makes it very time consuming to get the the bar if one is deep in their library - especially with the lack of an alpha strip.

4. When viewing TV episodes in the List view, can the image be changed to the episode image? Is a little off, when scrolling through the episodes, to have the episode details update, but not the image. This would also be more consistent with the Wide view.

5. Not sure if this is under the skin control, but when selecting an actor to see what else they are in, is it possible to list the movies first? The way it is currently prefixed with [episode] or [movie] causes the episodes to show first. In showing the episodes first, you can have dozens of episodes to scroll through if it is the main character in a given tv show. I know you can scroll up right off to get to the bottom of the list, but still...

Thanks for the skin, I do not go through the effort of providing feedback like the above unless I like something. :) So, good work on this skin!
pecinko

Re: Feature requests

Post by pecinko »

Thanks for suggestions, I’ll see what I can do.
foghat

Post by foghat »

That would be great. Thanks!
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

I hope I can take this opportunity to toss out my requests again also, and to also say that I think Ariana is coming along really great. So much so that I no longer Start MrMc in Plex Ext :)

But I do hope to see...

Plex Extras
Rotten Tomatoes review snippets
Tv theme music (I think you mentioned it was coming)
Friendlier Audio codec labels ,like Stereo 2.0 and Dolby 5.1 (not EAC3/6)
It’d help if a TV shows date aired was in the top half of the detail page, before scrolling down.

I just bought and installed a homerun Quatro, so I hope you’ll let me post about the PVR and TV features soon too.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

foghat wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 23:15 3. When in 'all movies' (or TV shows) let 'left' or 'right' on the d-pad bring up the view/sort/search bar. Right now with having to be at the beginning of ones library and select up, makes it very time consuming to get the the bar if one is deep in their library - especially with the lack of an alpha strip.

4. When viewing TV episodes in the List view, can the image be changed to the episode image? Is a little off, when scrolling through the episodes, to have the episode details update, but not the image. This would also be more consistent with the Wide view.
3. OK, I have made "left" opening options menu now. I'll see what I can come up with regarding quicker navigation/strip.

4. Episode thumbs change for me with episode details when in list view??
foghat

Post by foghat »

pecinko wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 19:16
foghat wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 23:15 3. When in 'all movies' (or TV shows) let 'left' or 'right' on the d-pad bring up the view/sort/search bar. Right now with having to be at the beginning of ones library and select up, makes it very time consuming to get the the bar if one is deep in their library - especially with the lack of an alpha strip.

3. OK, I have made "left" opening options menu now. I'll see what I can come up with regarding quicker navigation/strip.

4. Episode thumbs change for me with episode details when in list view??
Thanks! I assume this update will show in the next beta release?

I figured out why the thumbs were not changing in the episode list view. In the skin settings I had 'Fanart thumbs in list view' enabled. doh. All is well now that I turned it off.

Edit: also, regarding my Item #1 above. The movies starting with 'A' sort 'properly' when using the default 'playlist' sort. It was when I switched to Title that movies starting with 'A' starting appearing in A.

'Playlist' as a sort name is a little confusing - not sure what the intent is here - as when viewing all movies, there isn't really a playlist in play? Might make more sense to have sort options of 'Title' - behaving as it currently does and 'Sort Title' - behaving as Playlist does. Or just make 'title' sort like playlist and do whatever makes sense with the playlist sort.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Those other questions are out of my reach, I’m afraid.
Maetrik

Post by Maetrik »

Regarding ‚A‘ or ‚The‘:

This cannot be done through MrMC as this is the way Plex is handling the library.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201105 ... -settings/

See ArticleStrings