1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC not linking to Library with new update

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
wdpcpa

MrMC not linking to Library with new update

Post by wdpcpa » 10 Mar 2019, 22:55

Nvidia Shield Pro with 3.8 Arianna.
Two My Book Lives successfully mounted.
Using ethernet to connect.

Forever, XBMC/Kodi worked for me. Then I got the shield. Then Kodi updated to V18. After that, could never play the library on my NAS and the folks at Kodi were not able to help. So I bought MrMC and solved the problem This time I can play the library but only using file manager. When I try to go to my library I get a directory and if I browse I can't play anything.

I think this is a problem with the shield. Here is why:

1. Launch MrMC and go to file manager. I can play anything. So Ethernet connection is good.
2. Launch Plex - it behaves just the same as MrMC with the exception I can play things I load on the Pro's hard drive.
3. Plex plays local drive - means the plex server is OK.
4. Launch YouTube from the Shield's app screen and no problem with that. I can get to the internet. So router is connected and doing what it should.
5. This started with one NAS not mounted. It had been but all of a sudden it wasn't. So I mounted it. The Shield shows both mounted but now I can't click content on either.

I have no idea what is going on. Or why my shield cannot connect to my library with either application. Any help is appreciated.

koying
Team MrMC

Re: native 24p video files problem.

Post by koying » 11 Mar 2019, 05:29

If you can read via file browsing, you can add to the mrmc library, but I might miss something as you talk about Plex as well, so not sure if "library" is meant as a bunch of files or a Plex library

wdpcpa

Re: MrMC not linking to Library with new update

Post by wdpcpa » 11 Mar 2019, 21:21

Apologies for the confusion and thanks for the response.

I use plex to give further information. If MrMC didn't work and Plex did work I would be inclined to think I had an issue with the update. But since Plex has the same behavior, I am inclined to think the new update is just hunky dory and I have an issue with the Shield.

MrMC worked great and I added libraries. I think the issue now is for some reason my mounted NAS drives are not connecting as they should even though ethernet connection is fine.

I don't expect you guys will fix this issue - not yours to fix. But I am hopeful that someone will have a "this happened to me" story and will give me the answer. I think this is shield specific. I also think it will be something simple.

wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa » 16 Mar 2019, 17:02

Update
Shield Android TV Version 8.0 - 7.2.3 (30.6.131.70)
NAS - MyBookLIve 2TB (MBL2TB) and MyBookLive 3TB (MBL3TB)
Connection = Ethernet

Issue: Can browse to movie on NAS and play it but does not play when selected on MrMC - message.... ",,,This file is no longer available... Remove it from Library?,,,"

Proposed solution: Remove mounted drives in Nvidia shield. Then remount them.

Result: Cured for Plex. Everything now plays. Cured for MrMC as to MBL2TB.

Proposed solution for MBL3TB: ReAdd Source. In this case file for Movies J - Z. I did not remove source first; just went through adding it again.

Media Sources > Video > Movies J-Z (right click) > edit source > browse > Network File System (NFS) >192.168.1.4 > NAS > Public > KODI Toshiba Target MBL2 > Movies J-Z > Set to This Directory Contains Movies > Refresh with local info only - Select "Movies in separate folders that match movie title" and select "Scan Recursively" > enter "OK" and say "yes" to do you want to refresh info.

Result: The NFO files were scanned with out incident. But when tried to play "Young Guns" got the message "This file is no longer available." However can still play the movie via File manager. Can play the movie via Plex.

Conclusion: I don't know. This now seems isolated to MrMC. What should I do next? Suggestions?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 16 Mar 2019, 17:52

You need to remove the source and answer “yes” to cleaning the library... then add it again

wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa » 16 Mar 2019, 20:59

Question - When adding a source should I browse to Network File System (NFS) or Windows Network (SMB)?

Add source back after deleting:

Media Sources > Video > Add Video > Browse > Windows Network Group (SMB) > Workgroup > MBL2TB > Public > Kodi Toshiba Tagets MBL2 > Movies J-Z.

For some reason I could not use the Network File System. So I used the Windows Network.

Result: I have Young Guns in the library 3 times. One of them works. The other two doesn't. This is true for all the movies J-Z. Movies A-K are in a different folder on a different NAS.

Question: How do I remove the duplicates without going to each one? My TV shows seem to be fine.

Question: Should I delete MrMC as an app and then re buy it at the Google store and just start over?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 17 Mar 2019, 12:39

Go to settings -> video -> library -> clean library, that should get rid of the ones that are not working

wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa » 18 Mar 2019, 16:45

amet wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:39
Go to settings -> video -> library -> clean library, that should get rid of the ones that are not working
Looks like an easy fix and thank you for that. But before I get to that, another issue popped up.

There was a power outage for just a second yesterday. MBL2 and MBL3 restarted but I could no longer play any movies on them with either MrMC or Plex. On the shield I unmounted both and in apps >network settings, I cleared data. Then I mounted MBL2TB and MBL3TB again. Movies can now be reached on plex. However, I tried to play two different ones on MrMC. I hear the audio but I don't get video. I just see the MrMC screen. I can't stop it either. I push the home button and the shield homescreen shows me the movie is still playing and gives me the option to stop it. I stop it at that point but if I go back into MrMC the audio starts playing again. I have to restart the shield to stop it.

Suggestions?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 18 Mar 2019, 17:05

Not without debuglog while it’s happening

wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa » 22 Mar 2019, 15:44

amet wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 17:05
Not without debuglog while it’s happening
I appreciate the help but I think I am going to wave the white flag at this point and just start over... with a DAS.

From what I understand I can attach a USB HUB and plug in my 3 backup external drives to the Shield Pro. Then everything is local. Fearing something got corrupted I will just uninstall and then reinstall MrMC. The NAS can be my backup.

I can see both my NAS and Shield on my Desktop PC so I can transfer files that way. Seems easier.

Many thanks for your help.