1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Randomly outputting pcm instead of passthrough at times

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
Ghostm

Randomly outputting pcm instead of passthrough at times

Post by Ghostm »

Not sure whats going on, but i have noticed on my shield, sometimes when switching inputs on my avr to my shield to play dts-ma soundtracks, sometimes it will output as pcm, i will stop the movie, start it again and then it will output as dts-hd properly.

This is very frustrating, i have a debug log but it said its to big for pastebin.

Not sure how i can upload it, new user on here, so hopefully a simple method to get you the log.

Thanks.
Ghostm

Re: Randomly outputting pcm instead of passthrough at times

Post by Ghostm »

Looking at the log i tried playback once, and it outputs properly, 2nd attempt after switching inputs and then back to the shield mrmc just outputs it as pcm 16 bit.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

You can upload the log to https://nextcloud.semperpax.be/s/DeeCbJz3AMDFRD9 (with a distinctive name).

I might have an idea, though. After switching the avr back to the shield, make sure to go the shield home (Home button) and back to MrMC. There might be something fishy when re-detecting passthrough capabilities after an HDMI switch.
Ghostm

Post by Ghostm »

Uploaded the log, possibly twice.

mrmcpcmissue.txt

I tried your suggestion but did not seem to work, tested a number of times with "keep audio device alive" set to disabled/none whatever its named, and that seems to be working, at least it has not happened since i have disabled keep audio device alive.

Really hope it fixes the issue, quite concerned when its randomly outputting pcm, my sheild and mrmc was mainly purchased to play high quality audio and video from full 4k hdr rips.

Does not help my denon does not have a 4k overlay and the avr itself is hidden so its difficult to notice when its getting a pcm signal, especially when it should not be.
Ghostm

Post by Ghostm »

Sadly disabling keep audio device alive fixes this issue, but then if you pause media the audio is completely out of sync, so that is not a solution.

You mentioned an issue redetecting passthrough capabilities, is there anyway to just override or force output of what we have selected in the gui?

Maybe i am not understanding. Just a bit worried about this, it will often output pcm after switching from a pcm device such as an apple tv, back to the shield.
Ghostm

Post by Ghostm »

You are correct its not detecting passthrough options properly after input switches. Often if i go to an appletv which is pcm, then back to the shield, audio options no longer show passthrough settings until i play something, and then stop.Then passthrough options are available.

This occurs when i have keep audio device alive enabled, which is needed when i pause movies or audio will go out of sync it seems just with mrmc.