1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Google Play Store and App Store beta test feedback
Ghostm

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 for Google Play

Post by Ghostm » 09 Mar 2019, 22:44

Turining off advanced timing also fixes stuttering for me, not sure if it should be enabled by default or somethings just wrong.

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 09 Mar 2019, 23:23

Also noticed dolby atmos dropout on guardians of the galaxy 2, it was mentioned on the kodi forum awhile back, i cannot reproduce these dropouts on kodi as of now nor on my zappiti, just using mrmc in the same spots, i am guessing since a dev mentioned kodi is using a newer version of ffmpeg a few pages back it might have resolved this, a kodi dev said nobody worked on fixing the issue in January, but i cannot reproduce the dropouts on the latest kodi version.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327153

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 10 Mar 2019, 21:24

I uploaded a debug log to the link you provided in another thread @koying. In regards to guardians of the galaxy vol 2 atmos dropout.

Not sure if it will be helpful, it occurs 1 hour 44 minutes (spot i noticed anyway, might be others). I didnt really see anything odd looking in the debug log, but i could not reproduce it on my zappiti, and i briefly tried it with kodi and could not reproduce it either. I think setting it to raw instead of iec packed produced the same result. It is about a second audio dropout.

Also happens at 1 hour 53 minutes in the movie to.

Its just a full 1:1 mkv rip of the movie in 4k hdr.

hieyemtim

Post by hieyemtim » 11 Mar 2019, 06:43

I’m also having the stuttering problem. Shield set to 4K 23.9x. I then enabled match frame rate but still had the problem. I’ll disable advance timing and report back. Also, 1 out of every 30 or so times when I start a file it plays in stereo not atmos or DTS HD Master. A restart of MRMC corrects this. Then it happenes again. I’ll try to capture a log

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 11 Mar 2019, 14:21

For your stereo issue, is it the same as this I reported here?

https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4816

hieyemtim

Post by hieyemtim » 11 Mar 2019, 16:01

Ghostm wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:21
For your stereo issue, is it the same as this I reported here?

https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4816
Yes. Just verified it. Koying, just sent you a log for this. Stereo bug should appear towards the end of the log at the last file playback. Thanks for all your help! My AVR is hidden too so it’s a frustrating bug. As far as the “advance timing” does anyone know what that does? Disabling it seemed to fix the stuttering playback. Thanks!

sram16

Post by sram16 » 11 Mar 2019, 17:00

Ghostm wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 22:44
Turining off advanced timing also fixes stuttering for me, not sure if it should be enabled by default or somethings just wrong.
Didn't help for me

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 12 Mar 2019, 01:40

Ghostm wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 21:24
I uploaded a debug log to the link you provided in another thread @koying. In regards to guardians of the galaxy vol 2 atmos dropout.

Not sure if it will be helpful, it occurs 1 hour 44 minutes (spot i noticed anyway, might be others). I didnt really see anything odd looking in the debug log, but i could not reproduce it on my zappiti, and i briefly tried it with kodi and could not reproduce it either. I think setting it to raw instead of iec packed produced the same result. It is about a second audio dropout.

Also happens at 1 hour 53 minutes in the movie to.

Its just a full 1:1 mkv rip of the movie in 4k hdr.
Hopefully koying does not mind, but I also am attempting to uploaded a 700mb clips of guardians of the galaxy vol 2 mkv 1:1 rip, the section where the atmos audio on mrmc completely drops out toward the end of the clip.

If you dont get it, i would love to be able to to provide you the sample somehow.

Ghostm

Post by Ghostm » 12 Mar 2019, 04:01

Also just want to add the dropout does indeed happen on the kodi client and plex client, so its a shield issue, the kodi thread i linked to said nvidia fixed it, but it needs to implemented by kodi/player (mrmc) itself in order to fix atmos audio drops in the same spot with passthrough.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 9/#5902629

Although this dropout and there dropouts dont seem to align, so this might be a different issue. Dropout does not occur on a zappiti player however.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 13 Mar 2019, 12:39

Nvidia is pretty vague regarding the root cause, but I read between the lines that it would be a encapsulation (IEC61937) issue with high-bitrate . The fact that they couldn't resolve it, with all their power, means that it is a tricky one, unfortunately, and that it will take a lot of digging into (non-public) documentation to chase it...

PS: from https://club.myce.com/t/atmos-audio-dro ... ead/399840
The actual layout of the Dolby MAT frame used to encapsulate TrueHD for HDMI transmission is unknown and undocumented, so unless someone finds the specification how to do this, I’m afraid there isn’t even a starting point to start looking
So my guess is that the ffmpeg implementation (probably reverse-engineered) is the only one publicly available, hence all software players suffering the same