1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New to MrMC and having an issue

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: New to MrMC and having an issue

Post by davilla » 26 Mar 2018, 23:30

Fehritale wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 14:53
Same for me.
I can't acces any drive pluged in using the USB Port. It doesn't matter which device, which USB Port, if the device is FAT32/NTFS/exFat. Same results wheter USB Debugging is enabled or disabled.
I'm using the Nvidia Shield TV 2017 (16GB) version. Latest firmware (6.3) and latest MrMC availible.
I'm still on 6.2 and no issues with a USB drive. In fact, I keep a USB flash drive attached to keep an eye USB drive access.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 27 Mar 2018, 11:02

Just plugged a 500Mb passport to test, launched a movie, and no issue whatsoever, either

shinigami_mai

Post by shinigami_mai » 29 Mar 2018, 02:57

The problem with it not accessing the drives is a permission issue, to fix just go into the permissions for mrmc on the shield under apps then mrmc then permissions at the bottom and turn on storage and you are fixed.
It seems that on install the permissions is not set sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy » 29 Mar 2018, 03:23

Oh, awesome. I will check this out tomorrow and see if it works for me. This would be nice to get working. I went back to my HTPC setup after I couldn't get it setup correctly.

jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy » 29 Mar 2018, 15:12

In case anyone stumbles along looking for a solution to this, I can confirm that opening the App under Settings -> Apps and going into permissions for MrMC you can toggle "Storage" and it will then work.