1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Confluence, and the important issue of accessibility for visually impaired users.

Any skin specific issues
Tyrantulas

Confluence, and the important issue of accessibility for visually impaired users.

Post by Tyrantulas »

Confluence offers some of the best contrast and un-visually "messy" UI that previous versions of MRMC had to offer.

The new selections have many accessibility issues for visually impaired users.

I appreciate the perceived need to "move on" (as one of the mods on the board has posted multiple times), but what has happened is likely a group of normal sighted people unilaterally made the decision to lock visually impaired users without consulting them first.

The App Store has guidelines about submissions meeting accessibility guidelines. It would be unfortunate for the program to be delisted for ignoring those rules.

Food for thought.
timstephens24

Re: Confluence, and the important issue of accessibility for visually impaired users.

Post by timstephens24 »

Tyrantulas wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 21:02 The App Store has guidelines about submissions meeting accessibility guidelines. It would be unfortunate for the program to be delisted for ignoring those rules.
Ha
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
barong

Re: Confluence, and the important issue of accessibility for visually impaired users.

Post by barong »

I posted something similar a while back about the Ariana skin:
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4578

Hopefully it is addressed in a future version.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Tyrantulas wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 21:02 Confluence offers some of the best contrast and un-visually "messy" UI that previous versions of MRMC had to offer.

The new selections have many accessibility issues for visually impaired users.
could you identify them please so that they can be addressed?
Tyrantulas wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 21:02 I appreciate the perceived need to "move on" (as one of the mods on the board has posted multiple times), but what has happened is likely a group of normal sighted people unilaterally made the decision to lock visually impaired users without consulting them first.
these threads ran for 10 months and no one complained about any accessibility issues except @barong in a different thread. No one unilaterally made any decisions to lock anyone out, if its a mistake it will be corrected, forum is not plotting against visually impaired users.

https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4104
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4494
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4693

Tyrantulas wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 21:02 The App Store has guidelines about submissions meeting accessibility guidelines. It would be unfortunate for the program to be delisted for ignoring those rules.

Food for thought.
yes I understand your threat, that would help visually impaired users a lot if the app gets pulled :roll:
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

barong wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 00:17 I posted something similar a while back about the Ariana skin:

it is on my to do list to look into
barong

Post by barong »

amet wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 04:19
barong wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 00:17 I posted something similar a while back about the Ariana skin:

it is on my to do list to look into
Thanks!
Tyrantulas

Post by Tyrantulas »

Tyrantulas wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 21:02 yes I understand your threat, that would help visually impaired users a lot if the app gets pulled :roll:
Less threat, and more of making it clear that other purchasers may not know about this forum and would go directly to Apple to lodge their complaint.

Heading off complaints that could be addressed by not randomly removing functionality seems like something well within the community's grasp.

Why don't more user make issues known ahead of time? Because a majority of users don't know they can. The RSS functionality could be better utilized to communicate sweeping changes in the software. Instead it's the same minimalist cookie cutter post.
Tyrantulas

Post by Tyrantulas »

amet wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 04:18 No one unilaterally made any decisions to lock anyone out
Was there a poll that was extended to the community that was advertised outside of this forum (via the RSS feed perhaps) that sought to get input from visually impaired users of the product before the change was forced on all users?

No?

Then I think you know the answer to this one.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

You came here to pick a fight, and I will not entertain that.

One member of the community asked for visually impaired improvements and we promised we would look into it, no one apart from you commented on lack of usability of Ariana skin for visually impaired users.

You are new on the forum but others can tell you that we work with users and take user comments and wishes into account , you are on post 4 or 5 and we are still to hear what’s missing in Ariana and what you would like changed to suite your needs. If you can identify issues, we sure can fix them .... but just throwing out the statement that it’s not good for you is not helping as we do not know what it is that doesn’t suite you.