1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Exit MrMC on Plex Add-on Exit

Any issues that are Plex Addon related
morallydubious

Exit MrMC on Plex Add-on Exit

Post by morallydubious »

Hi,

I’ve done a fair amount of googling and a look through the forum posts but can’t find anything that states whether or not it is possible to exit the Plex add-on then automatically close MrMC? I have found the option to launch the Plex add-on when MrMC starts but the family have got used to mashing the back button to get back to the FireTV dashboard, meaning MrMC never really exits and the Plex add-on isn’t there when MrMC is next “launched”.

I am using a Fire TV gen 2.

Thanks in advance
Jxplex

Re: Exit MrMC on Plex Add-on Exit

Post by Jxplex »

On Android you can't exit directly to home, only iOS for some reason.

Not a complete solution but it helps to set a a custom keymap. Last I checked the addon was broken in mrmc so you need to do it in Kodi then copy it over... Here's mine

<keymap><home><keyboard><key id="61448">quit</key></keyboard></home><global><keyboard><key id="61448">previousmenu</key><key id="61656">showsubtitles</key><key id="61453">select</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

What this does is is first, menu button will turn subtitles on/off. Second, back button will go back menus on one press instead of two. Third, when on the home screen of mrmc/Kodi the back button will exit the app.

So create a file called gen.xml in your keymap folder with this in it. Then in mrmc set it to launch to weather. Because weather doesn't exist it will launch straight to Plex addon. Now when you exit the Plex addon just mash back a few times and it will instantly exit and close mrmc.

I need to make a thread about this setup
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Is there a keymap for just exiting Plex by one press so it goes back to MrMC instead of having to go to home in Plex and exit.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

SUPERBIF wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 07:04 Is there a keymap for just exiting Plex by one press so it goes back to MrMC instead of having to go to home in Plex and exit.
unfortunately not, we have no way of mapping it per specific add-on
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Shame but thanks for reply