1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Keymap editor plugin broken

Any issues that relate to Addons
Jxplex

Keymap editor plugin broken

Post by Jxplex »

This is my experience from both my shield & my fire TV 4k

The keymap editor, when you go to record button presses, seems to not record the press correctly, where it usually shows a number for which key you pressed it's just blank. Then when you save it, nothing has really changed. When you go to open the addon again it says the keymap file is corrupted or something along those lines. Manually copying in my key combo file from spmc is a temporary workaround.

Thanks
Perlbo

Re: Keymap editor plugin broken

Post by Perlbo »

Hi. In My shield key is recognized but it does not work. Under global addon I want to start advanced wol launcher with key. After saving the key I try to test, but nothing happens.
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

Apple TV here. I find that if I go into a subsection and customize my controls, most of them take and display a change and function after saving changes. However, if I reenter the add on, despite the changes being in effect, the entries all appear to be back at default.

I also find that if I customize the DVD Menu button control, it seems to take, but is always ignored, and whatever button I've assigned behaves with its default value.

I also find there are certain controls that it won't let me customize at all, never changing even their displayed action in the editor. Namely, "play/pause". My remote has dedicated separate play and pause buttons, so I'd rather use the main selection button to always bring up the OSD when playing video...but no go.
biskyt

Post by biskyt »

I have also noticed the same behaviour today. The OP is over a year old, has this really not been fixed?!

I ended up making the key maps in Kodi and copying the XML file over. Annoying though, I only brought mrmc today and have already found 2 things broken (the other is that the trakt authorisation is broken)
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

Any chance this has been resolved in 3.9.1? Or is being looked into? Would love to be able to consistently and persistently override certain default buttons in certain contexts.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

msyeed wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 07:36 Any chance this has been resolved in 3.9.1? Or is being looked into? Would love to be able to consistently and persistently override certain default buttons in certain contexts.
Which platform ?
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

tvOS is where I've seen the issue.
wodkab

Post by wodkab »

biskyt wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 18:57 I have also noticed the same behaviour today. ...

I ended up making the key maps in Kodi and copying the XML file over. ...
I also observed this bug on my MrMC 3.9.2 on apple tvOS.
I'm aware how to edit the keymap xml ... BUT my problem is I don't know the key codes on tvOS ... and because the keymap editor isn't working I have no chance to re-engineer the key codes ... any solution / workaround how to get the key codes?
wodkab

Post by wodkab »

wodkab wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:40
biskyt wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 18:57 I have also noticed the same behaviour today. ...

I ended up making the key maps in Kodi and copying the XML file over. ...
I also observed this bug on my MrMC 3.9.2 on apple tvOS.
Sorry works for me ... problem: much less cec comands are passed to apple TV than on a raspberry Pi :(
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

I doubt spotty CEC support would explain the interface of the Keymap Editor returning to defaults. I'm also unclear how CEC support ties into keymapping, since the remote input is direct to the Apple TV to control an app on the Apple TV. CEC shouldn't even enter into it.