1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Can’t Add IPTV M3U Link on Apple TV 4 Please Help

Introduce yourself here
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Can’t Add IPTV M3U Link on Apple TV 4 Please Help

Post by amet »

You can manually edit the playlist, but it has to be hosted on your LAN

We are working on gradually releasing 3.9.0, should not be too long
jonnisbett

Post by jonnisbett »

***UPDATE*** RESOLVED

Ok so after hours of testing and pondering i figured some things out well sort of. I used a free program online to trim down my m3u list and take out everything except for usa and canada content channels including tv series and movies which only had about 300 channels left as opposed to 31,000 and guess what it worked! I had my iptv provider go into my account and take out everything except for canada and USA content but asked them to leave all the tv series and movies after they did this i was left with about 4000 channels so i tried to input url into MRMC simple client and it didn't work (frustrating lol). So next i asked my IPTV provider to take out everything including movies and tv series except for Canada and USA channels and guess what it worked! since MRMC does not have a tv series or Movies button which functions like IPTV Smarters Player does this may be the culprit considering the file extension on the end of movies and tv shows in my m3u url is .MKV

Question for developer??? Does the paid version offer the recording function? Couldn't get that to work using lite.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

its not Lite version limitation, no recording function exists for IPTV addon on any version, for that you would need to look into backend server setup like TVHeadend which would allow you to record iptv streams from MrMC.
jonnisbett

Post by jonnisbett »

Thanks Amet! I understand now! I cant seem to find out how to install TVheadend anywhere online or maybe im just not understanding. Is it a program you download on your pc? i seen one youtube video where it shows logging in via the browser but there must be an initial setup of some sort? Any help appreciated. I read TVHeadend website but its a little confusing to be honest. Im pretty tech savy but cannot figure this one out. Scratches head!!!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

its Linux based program, easy enough to install even if you have NAS