1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hello from Texas

Introduce yourself here
wdpcpa

Hello from Texas

Post by wdpcpa »

Hello all,

My specs are as follows:

Nvidia Shield Pro.
Ehternet connection to two "My Book Lives". These are my NAS.
I'm an old guy and not very techy.
Using MRMC full version because for 2.99 why not?

How I got here?

Kodi 17 was working for me and woke up to find the google store installed Kodi 18. Kodi 18 cannot find my NAS. The good folks at Kodi couldn't help me so I tried Plex. It was natural as Plex server comes loaded on the Shield. It couldn't find my NAS either and the good folks at the Nvidia forum didn't have an answer. I emailed the youngster who got me started with XBMC (now Kodi). He also has a Shield and he responded the he was using "MRMC". Boom. It works.

I have not linked everything. But I have added sources from both "My Book Lives". I will be posting in one of the help forums about:

1. Can I have custom Tabs like... Documentaries, Home Movies, Concerts, Scary Movies, Kid Movies, etc.
2. How do I delete a source so I can re add it as a custom tab. Or do I just change it somehow.

Thanks for being here.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by amet »

Hey,

1. You can have tabs on home but only for sources that are not added in a library

2. Long hold select over a source and chose “edit” , you can edit all parameters of it . In order for source to be shown on home, content needs to be set as “none” and marked to show on home screen
wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa »

I will give that a shot. Many thanks.
wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa »

Here is the cat in helping mode. She was trying to stop the revolving red circle that shows up during scanning'

For one folder called "One Off Stuff" this worked great. For my other ones it isn't showing up on the home screen. Added "Kids", "Concerts", and "Nonfiction". Those folders are not showing on the home screen.

Suggestions? I asked the cat but to no avail. The option on these items now reads "Remove from Home Screen".
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

There's a bug regarding order of items in sources, fixed in 3.8 testfllight
wdpcpa

Post by wdpcpa »

Should I just wait?

I don't watch Kid shows, concerts and nonfiction all that much and I can get to them through files.

Everything else is solid.