1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hi from London, few questions from Newbie

Introduce yourself here
Mikee123

Hi from London, few questions from Newbie

Post by Mikee123 » 21 Jan 2019, 13:59

I am coming from a Nvidia shield, running Kodi for all my video files. After becoming increasingly frustrated with videa micro stutters I thought I'd try switching to a Apple TV 4K... All my local video files are stored in sub directories on a Synology NAS, and I used Tiny media manager to download all information into the sub directories. Mt Kodi uses local information only for creating playlists. It works really well. Apart from the microstutters...
I have been doing some research of what to use on the Apple TV, and found this... I dont want to run a Plex server unless I have to. Can I browse and play files stored on my NAS (via NFS and another one via SMB), or can MrMC just read the files and file information stored with every video file like Kodi on Shield can ?
Is Dolby Atmos and HDR supported ?
I know, a lot of questions...

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Hi from London, few questions from Newbie

Post by davilla » 21 Jan 2019, 17:04

On AppleTV4/4K, yes to all except Dolby Atmos must be in an eac3/atmos format (for MrMC v3.8/pending)

Mikee123

Post by Mikee123 » 23 Jan 2019, 10:32

I have just installed the lite version on my Nvidia Shield for testing purposes. It seems that I do not get the micro stutters I have on my Kodi app, watching the same files. So i might not need the Apple TV... As its only the lite version, it is obviously restricted. If I buy the full version, can MrMC do audio pass through on the Shield ? I know it doesnt on the Apple TV but suspect it could do it on the Shield.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jan 2019, 13:49

Mikee123 wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 10:32
I have just installed the lite version on my Nvidia Shield for testing purposes. It seems that I do not get the micro stutters I have on my Kodi app, watching the same files. So i might not need the Apple TV... As its only the lite version, it is obviously restricted. If I buy the full version, can MrMC do audio pass through on the Shield ? I know it doesnt on the Apple TV but suspect it could do it on the Shield.
Lite can do everything MrMC can do. Lite is only limited in the number of media items. Otherwise, same capabilities.