1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision Mux!

Introduce yourself here
Grencola

Dolby Vision Mux!

Post by Grencola »

Hey guys, exciting news!

So as of MrMC 3.3.1 there has been the ability to play single layer DV files, like the LG demo video. See topic here: https://mrmc.tv/2017/12/15/mrmc-3-3-1-a ... ite-3-3-1/

Well it seems VirenRawal has managed to properly mux a dual layer DV movie into a single layer file, and cropped off a small clip for testing and feedback.

Grab it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10ytWD ... FpEzIISjaU

Can anyone please try this and confirm if it plays in MrMC? It plays fine directly from TV USB just like the LG Demo file so I imagine it should.

Apparently *BD Demuxer Pro 3D UHD v3.2* can extract the dolby vision and then *Scenarist UHD v1.2.0* will mux double layer into single layer m2ts :)

Yay for progress?
Last edited by Grencola on 16 May 2018, 04:17, edited 2 times in total.
cosmoxl

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Post by cosmoxl »

Colors seemed off playing back in MrMC on iPad Pro.

So, I tried it in mpc-hc with madvr setup to tonemap and it seems it's not detected as DV. Colors are the same as on iPad and madvr is guessing the matrix and color primaries are bt709.

here is a log of the playback on apple tv 4k. https://paste2.org/E1Zdtvxs
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == DONE, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = DolbyVision

DolbyVision was detected. So it has the correct signature.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 10 May 2018, 18:50 DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == DONE, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = DolbyVision

@Davilla, I noticed with this file codec info on ATV4k says "DOVI" but with the screensaver rip that's DV it says "dvh1". Any significance to that?

Also, it doesn't seem to trigger the same as other HDR material. All other HDR material plays back as super contrasty mess since I don't have an HDR TV and apple removed the tonemapping feature. But, this plays back with more or less normal colors.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Has to wait until I can snatch it an examine. Too big to grab over hotspot.
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

It has Dolby Vision profile 5. There is no BL backward compatibility for this profile. The color space is Dolby Vision native ICtCp.

The guy doing this on makeMKV forum is likely jeopardizing his licenses! (He could very well be an employee working in one of the studios).
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Still looking for this -> Dolby Vision Video Elementary Stream multiplexing specification
(dovi_proenc_ves_muxing_spec.pdf), located in the documentation package

Someone should tell VirenRawal :) hint, hint
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Yea, apparently the quality is a bit poor because of trying to keep the size down, and could be throwing colors off, but it's just to see if TV's actually get their DV tripped or not. Soo, it's good to go? Like if an entire UHD BD Rip was done with this method would it would be like playing a disc? Or must a different profile be chosen?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

davilla wrote: 10 May 2018, 18:50 DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == DONE, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = DolbyVision

And it's passing it through to your tv? So your TV actually says Dolby Vision too?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Grencola wrote: 10 May 2018, 23:19

And it's passing it through to your tv? So your TV actually says Dolby Vision too?
That's from my log and I do not have an HDR TV. You'll have to wait for other input.