1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Music Caching?

Introduce yourself here
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Music Caching?

Post by davilla »

settings -> system -> Internet Access

Buffer Size
Buffer Mode
Max readrate factor

Those are some setting that moved from advancedsettings.xml into GUI Settings.
VonMagnum

Post by VonMagnum »

davilla wrote:settings -> system -> Internet Access

Buffer Size
Buffer Mode
Max readrate factor

Those are some setting that moved from advancedsettings.xml into GUI Settings.
Turning on cache all local filesystems got it playing those files smoothly (and looking at the video codec OSD it doesn't look like it's having any trouble keeping the buffer filled). The two comedy specials I have that don't play smoothly with caching on in Kodi still won't play smoothly (I'm thinking something is wrong with the files that Kodi doesn't like them, but iTunes and VLC will play them, although I think they did play OK on my Mac with Kodi directly). In any case, it looks like most of the files now play OK.

So far SMB is working again after starting it up. I'm not sure what causes a glitch there sometimes but it has something to do with that libsdm setting (it needs to be on to work, it seems, but sometimes it asks for a "lock" password or something like that and I can't enter the directories.

Is there a way to modify the remote key files (e.g. I had the search buttons on FireTV zoom while the ring let you move around the zoom image and the context button rotated it). When I had keyboard input, I would have the left search key enable shift and the context key enable special characters to make text entry smoother.

I've also notice that in Kodi you could "manage" the names of movies in the database list (e.g. I've got two "Big Sleep" movies; one is the 1945 unreleased version and the other the 1946 released one and the database only sees it as the same movie. In Kodi, I could change the name to put (1945 Unreleased) on the one or add "VII:" to Star Wars Episode VII (for some reason the movie database ignores the previous naming convention and leaves it off leaving me with Episode I-VI and then just "The Force Awakens" and I could at least correct the name without having to go beg to change some database on the Internet somewhere).

Finally, any chance of a global search being added? I used hardly any add-ons with Kodi, but Global Search was one of them. Being able to find all Bogart films I have, for example or a music track was pretty nice with that search.

Thanks for your help.
VonMagnum

Post by VonMagnum »

The best way I've found to improve music playback (with MrMC or Kodi) was to buy an SD Card (which I can also use to offload thumbnails) and put my compressed AAC music library on that SD Card which I can insert into the FireTV 4K. I almost never get any skips/interruptions playing back locally off the SD Card and I can even start up a separate Android Visualizer (e.g. the Android app for ProjectM since Kodi never added it to the Android Kodi visualizer list) and it will play smoothly without skipping once started.

I'm wondering if the skipping issue with music in either program is somehow related to SMB networking with a Mac. I should probably try setting up a music list on an old Windows machine and see if it has any skip issues networking off it by comparison.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Not see any issue with music playback on either of the three supported platforms. A debuglog might show more info.