1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Could Plex Client be ported to Kodi?

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
convertapple

Could Plex Client be ported to Kodi?

Post by convertapple » 11 Apr 2019, 23:05

The integrated Plex client in MrMc is far and away the best feature of MrMC IMO. I am curious if the code for this could ever be ported back into Kodi by anyone, or is it now so embedded within MrMc for this to be impractical?

The reason I ask is that all other 'plex' front-ends, including Plex own front end (transcoding), the kodi addon (ugly interface) and PKC (buggy) have issues that preclude their use IMO.

cosmoxl

Re: Could Plex Client be ported to Kodi?

Post by cosmoxl » 11 Apr 2019, 23:33

why not just use mrmc?

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 12 Apr 2019, 02:33

I'm sure if the Kodi devs wanted to it could be backported eventually, but I don't ever see that happening.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C6P
Channels DVR w/ HDHomeRun Connect Quattro
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
##### SYNOLOGY 1815+ #####

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 12 Apr 2019, 05:15

Every bit of code is available on our GitHub, if Kodi wants it they will have to do the pull... I guarantee you that will never happen , and even if someone else did the work and made the PR it still would not be accepted.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 12 Apr 2019, 12:01

Kodi's direction seems to be stripping core down to the basics and moving everything else out to addons.

They already did this with the virtual file system and other areas. The thought is to make core lean and mean.

To me it seems the typical linux way, break things up into tiny bits, to make it easier to "maintain". But this then leads to a mess of fragmented parts that tend it bit rot... :)