1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

FireTV box 1st gen - any recommendations for settings?

FireTV Video playback support subforum
sirmcftv

Re: FireTV box 1st gen - any recommendations for settings?

Post by sirmcftv »

davilla wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 17:00
sirmcftv wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 16:05
davilla wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 16:00 Switch refresh rates was never a problem once we added that ability. It's switching to the proper refresh rate at is the issue. The fireOS thinks it is 23.97 but the kernel thinks it is something else.
But my TV showed 24Hz - does that mean it worked or are there playback issues because the kernel may think it's something else?
(not near the setup to try it again)
As I mentioned, it will switch to 24Hz but the kernel vsync timing is not correct.
Got it. I thought it would not even switch because of this. I will watch logcat and report back next time I feel like playing with it.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

davilla wrote:
koying wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 06:14 Hehe... I confirm the 24p bug is still there in FTV1.
Spent some hours trying to find out why vsync was crazy before assuming it was a FW issue ;)
logcat still shows the vsync timeout ?
Didn't saw that, but I wasn't looking for such an issue, so probably just didn't notice...
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

davilla did some investigation and he can confirm that at least the Fire TV 1st gen refuses to pass MULTI CH PCM (more than 2.0 channels that is) over HDMI to the AVR. The logs show that the audio sink gets set up for 6 channels for example but only 2 channels make it to the AVR, the rest are lost.
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

koying wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 06:17
davilla wrote:
koying wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 06:14 Hehe... I confirm the 24p bug is still there in FTV1.
Spent some hours trying to find out why vsync was crazy before assuming it was a FW issue ;)
logcat still shows the vsync timeout ?
Didn't saw that, but I wasn't looking for such an issue, so probably just didn't notice...
It's still not fixed, I can confirm logcat keeps spewing:

Code: Select all

I/Kernel  (  796): <3>[96471.967864] timeout for VSYNC ret=0