1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV question

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Wilson157

Fire TV question

Post by Wilson157 »

Hi guys, apologies this isn't really a support question . I currently have a shield running mrmc and it works a treat :-) I'm looking at purchasing a cheaper solution for my dad , I was thinking and Amazon 4K fire stick . How does the firestick perform with 4k encodes with DTS-MA audio or even bluray remuxes? He will be playing them from an external hdd connected directly to the TV. His TV doesn't decode dts audio hence the fire stick option. Any views would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Fire TV question

Post by davilla »

Wilson157 wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 18:32 Hi guys, apologies this isn't really a support question . I currently have a shield running mrmc and it works a treat :-) I'm looking at purchasing a cheaper solution for my dad , I was thinking and Amazon 4K fire stick . How does the firestick perform with 4k encodes with DTS-MA audio or even bluray remuxes? He will be playing them from an external hdd connected directly to the TV. His TV doesn't decode dts audio hence the fire stick option. Any views would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm not sure how anything running MrMC could see an external hdd connected directly to the TV :)

Amazon 4K fire sticks should be ok. Others are running them.