1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV Stick 4k TV shows only 1080

Any issues that are FireTV specific
MychaelP

Fire TV Stick 4k TV shows only 1080

Post by MychaelP »

Just set up a new fire TV stick 4k. Playing a 4k movie my TV indictes it's 1080 and HDR10. Why does it not show 4k? The metadata of the movie indicated 4k.
Is it possible it shows 1080 on my TV info but in fact it is playing it in4k?
Thanks, love the app!
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Fire TV Stick 4k TV shows only 1080

Post by davilla »

MychaelP wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 02:06 Just set up a new fire TV stick 4k. Playing a 4k movie my TV indictes it's 1080 and HDR10. Why does it not show 4k? The metadata of the movie indicated 4k.
Thanks, love the app!
More like your HDTV display is set to 1080p and does not report 4K.
debuglog please so we can see what is reported.
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by HDTV display set to 1080p, I will go through the menus on the TV tonight just in case there is something set that way, but my Vizio M Series typically changes to display whatever resolution is sent to it.
It was odd that the TV showed HDR input but just 1080p. I'm also wondering if my receiver that I have it hooked through is downscaling. It's a Denon x3300 which is 4k capable, thus the HDR going through.
I'll do some looking tonight if I have the time for that, and also review how to do a debug log in case I cant get it working. I'm usually pretty good at going through the various settings and figuring stuff out, as I had to do the audio settings to get rid of static last night on the 8 channel audio.
Thanks for the tip, I'll get back to you!
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

davilla wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 13:55
MychaelP wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 02:06 Just set up a new fire TV stick 4k. Playing a 4k movie my TV indictes it's 1080 and HDR10. Why does it not show 4k? The metadata of the movie indicated 4k.
Thanks, love the app!
One more quick observation. I remember on MRMC the GUI setting is grayed out at 1080p, but I see this post here https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4588 in which they mention In "MrMC the GUI is set to 2160p 59.94hz"
Where would I go to fix a setting to allow 2160p in the GUI of MRMC? Maybe that's my issue?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

in FireOS display settings. MrMC follows what the device can do.
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

davilla wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 15:22 in FireOS display settings. MrMC follows what the device can do.
What specific setting do you suggest I check? I kind of had hoped MRMC would work right away by redownloading it as I upgraded from an old Gen1 Fire TV to this new 4K model stick. But not sure what to check. I remember setting the Video Quality to "Best" and the HDR to Adaptive. The only item I can think of to recheck would be the setting within MRMC of adjusting the Frame Rate to match on start/stop. A friend told me to just install SPMC and it works right away since he gave up on MRMC getting 4k. but I have a feeling it's just one of those settings right?

I do know the cable and tv are capable, or I would not be getting HDR indicating.

Thanks again, sorry for the trouble.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

I don't know exactly what settings the stick has but my old fire tv gen 2 (fire os settings) has an option to specify an output resolution or "auto". It has to be on auto for MrMC to be able to switch resolutions/frame rate if I recall correctly.
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

davilla wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 15:22 in FireOS display settings. MrMC follows what the device can do.
So I rechecked the settings on my new Fire TV Stick 4K, and it is set up to 4k automatically. Then I uninstalled MrMc and reinstalled, rechecked all settings, no luck, it still outputs 1080p only to my TV through my receiver. So I googled it and found a ton of Kodi threads, so I gave Leia RC4 a shot. First test, it worked perfectly. So there must be some kind of code somewhere in MrMc that isn't working properly with my configuration because the settings are identical for each app but only Kodi works.

I also found it interesting that MrMc is a 200MB app file, yet Kodi is only 150MB. Something to consider since the Fire TV can't offload the apps. I think it can offload the data however to an SD card. Will need to look into it further.

Thanks for the assistance, and I'll look out for a new MrMc update that might fix the problem for me. Until then Kodi is the method working for me.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

still waiting for that debuglog :)
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

davilla wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 17:08 still waiting for that debuglog :)
I appreciate your response to my post and to others on the forums here, however since Kodi fixed the problem for me, there really isn't a reason to go back to MrMC. I also noticed the audio being out of sync that others have here. Maybe once you and the guy hired from SPMC get further into the code adjustments it will work as well as Kodi or SPMC does still.
Again, I apprecate that you reply to comments here, but a debug log was taking longer than just installing Kodi and the app works right away.
Last edited by MychaelP on 14 Jan 2019, 19:40, edited 2 times in total.