1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Playback sluggish

Any issues that are tvOS specific
markn62

Playback sluggish

Post by markn62 » 04 Jun 2019, 20:16

I am liking a lot the features of MrMc. However, the one thing that is the most bothersome is the sluggishness of playback. Terminating playback of any file via SMB share, after pressing the menu button on the remote, takes eight seconds before the video stops playing and returns the recordings file list to the video output. Infuse is instantaneous. Anyone else experience this?

On a side note, FF skip 30s with MrMc takes a second or two for green artifacts to disappear to a clean video stream. Infuse doesn’t do this, its instantaneously clean.

These two things, with the fact I cant get Trakt.tv to work, has me using MrMc only for photos & locally stored music. Albeit I can’t get Trakt.Tv to work with Infuse either, only iCloud syncs the “watched list”.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Playback sluggish

Post by davilla » 04 Jun 2019, 20:32

markn62 wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 20:16
I am liking a lot the features of MrMc. However, the one thing that is the most bothersome is the sluggishness of playback. Terminating playback of any file via SMB share, after pressing the menu button on the remote, takes eight seconds before the video stops playing and returns the recordings file list to the video output. Infuse is instantaneous. Anyone else experience this?

On a side note, FF skip 30s with MrMc takes a second or two for green artifacts to disappear to a clean video stream. Infuse doesn’t do this, its instantaneously clean.

These two things, with the fact I cant get Trakt.tv to work, has me using MrMc only for photos & locally stored music. Albeit I can’t get Trakt.Tv to work with Infuse either, only iCloud syncs the “watched list”.
defiantly abnormal.
Which smb client and debuglog please.

markn62

Re: Playback sluggish

Post by markn62 » 05 Jul 2019, 20:28

Sorry @davilla for the late response. Upon signup, this forum defaults to no notification of post replies, now enabled. Looks like since I wrote this post the compression artifacts on stream start are no longer an issue and the stream stop delay has reduced from 8 or so seconds to 1 to 2 seconds, which is acceptable. The debug log only says that the app started up successfully. Streaming files from a qNap 251+. Suffice it to say this resolved on it's own, perhaps from an auto client update by iOS. Thanks @davilla for your response.