1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

HDR10 issue with MrMC only

Any issues that are tvOS specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: HDR10 issue with MrMC only

Post by davilla »

-wyld- wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 22:35 This is related - often MrMC freezes when stopping a media file or swapping from one app to MrMC. Rest of AppleTV is responsive and prettying remote sill makes the system sounds like it is switching icons but nothing is updated on the screen. This happened during this test so the debug log is here:

https://pastebin.com/EbLE4QyB
You might take files out of rar's,
Also, "CSMBFile", might also try the other SMB clients, they are faster.
-wyld-

Post by -wyld- »

davilla wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 00:31
-wyld- wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 22:29
davilla wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 12:34 need to see some debuglog 's :)
Here you are:
https://pastebin.com/nB6werGV

In the logs I have started 3 different media files - 2 are HDR and both are too dark and under saturated with no ability to adjust within MrMC. The 3rd is a 1080p SDR file which is also extremely washed out and under saturated. Changing brightness to 37% and contrast to 67% seem to fix the output. All SDR files are poorly rendered by default with MrMC.

Each of these files play perfectly on Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. The issue appears to be just with MrMC on ATV. Other apps on ATV work great with the same equipment.
"All SDR files are poorly rendered by default with MrMC", All yours are, mine are not :)

Looks correct.

18:22:28.899 T:6108033024 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: avf-h265 - Opened
18:22:29.644 T:4420103104 DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == YES, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = HDR10
18:22:32.672 T:4420103104 DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == DONE, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = HDR10
For SDR, when I launch a video and pause it - the preview in the bottom left corner is rendered perfectly yet the video behind it is washed out and undersaturated. The same file (regardless of the container) can play on my PC from the same share location and look perfect. It can play from an Nvidia Shield from the same share location and look perfect on Kodi. Only in MrMC only in the video itself must the brightness and contrast be adjusted to match.

For HDR, the gamma is poorly displayed only in MrMC. Above you are somehow suggesting everything is working as intended and if that is the case and there is no course of action to address it or even admittance that there is an issue, I'd like to get a refund for MrMC so that I can try a different app. Can you help with that?
-wyld-

Post by -wyld- »

davilla wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 00:32
-wyld- wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 22:35 This is related - often MrMC freezes when stopping a media file or swapping from one app to MrMC. Rest of AppleTV is responsive and prettying remote sill makes the system sounds like it is switching icons but nothing is updated on the screen. This happened during this test so the debug log is here:

https://pastebin.com/EbLE4QyB
You might take files out of rar's,
Also, "CSMBFile", might also try the other SMB clients, they are faster.
I don't have any issues with performance at all. Files start, stop, pause, FF, RW instantly on all players in my house. My complaint is regarding video rendering and MrMC UI itself freezing. As I mention, this can happen when no video is playing and swapping between apps to MrMC. Using the remote to navigate still plays the system sounds like when navigating between icons but the UI does not respond. No RAR are involved and neither is SMB at that point.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

-wyld- wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 01:26
davilla wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 00:31
-wyld- wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 22:29

Here you are:
https://pastebin.com/nB6werGV

In the logs I have started 3 different media files - 2 are HDR and both are too dark and under saturated with no ability to adjust within MrMC. The 3rd is a 1080p SDR file which is also extremely washed out and under saturated. Changing brightness to 37% and contrast to 67% seem to fix the output. All SDR files are poorly rendered by default with MrMC.

Each of these files play perfectly on Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. The issue appears to be just with MrMC on ATV. Other apps on ATV work great with the same equipment.
"All SDR files are poorly rendered by default with MrMC", All yours are, mine are not :)

Looks correct.

18:22:28.899 T:6108033024 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: avf-h265 - Opened
18:22:29.644 T:4420103104 DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == YES, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = HDR10
18:22:32.672 T:4420103104 DEBUG: displayModeSwitchInProgress == DONE, refreshRate = 23.98, dynamicRange = HDR10
For SDR, when I launch a video and pause it - the preview in the bottom left corner is rendered perfectly yet the video behind it is washed out and undersaturated. The same file (regardless of the container) can play on my PC from the same share location and look perfect. It can play from an Nvidia Shield from the same share location and look perfect on Kodi. Only in MrMC only in the video itself must the brightness and contrast be adjusted to match.

For HDR, the gamma is poorly displayed only in MrMC. Above you are somehow suggesting everything is working as intended and if that is the case and there is no course of action to address it or even admittance that there is an issue, I'd like to get a refund for MrMC so that I can try a different app. Can you help with that?
Please contact Apple store for refunds, we have no control over sales and refunds unfortunately.
-wyld-

Post by -wyld- »

davilla has explained that this may be possible to resolve in MrMC on AppleTV using metal rendering engine. It would make me feel better to see other folks seeing the same problem and the MrMC team agreeing on the limitation so that I know it's not just my setup. I have done my best to eliminate all possibly variables outside of MrMC.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

The only issue that has been reported is a slight black crush with HDR. This is from users with HDFury's that snoop everything that comes out the hdmi port. To fix this, we need metal rendering.
-wyld-

Post by -wyld- »

I would argue this thread is reporting another issue with HDR playback with MrMC. In another thread, you've explained this is a limitation of the Apple TV ecosystem and components that are being leveraged by MrMC. Still, it looks to be a problem reported by multiple users who I think would feel better knowing it was acknowledged.

Maybe it'd be best if we all had some common sample media we could test with. I'd be willing to take video of playing that media back from multiple players on the different sets of display equipment I have access to and report the findings and debug logs. Maybe others could do the same.